2 questions about recording guitar loops

1. Is there a way in Loopy HD to record loop after loop after touching my phone screen once? I.e., I'd tap to record on my first loop, and when it's over, loop 2 records without me pressing anything, then loop 3, then 4, etc. (auto overdubbing one after the other until I hit stop on the phone.)

2. Is there a quick undo of a loop recording? I can't figure out how to delete a loop I just made. When I tap and hold, I'm surprised that delete isn't one of my options.

Comments

• Ok I solved my second question by swiping to pull up the clear option.

But I can't figure out how to do #1: set up my loops to record in a chain one after the other. I read in the help section I can click all the loops I want to record in a chain, but that just started recording them all right then.

That's because of a new problem: I can't get a count in. I have count in turned on in settings, but I never hear a four click count in. The second I press a loop, it starts recording.

• Well ... I might be answering my own questions! I think I figured it out.

I opened a new session, imported a drum loop to the first loop, then I tapped on the second loop, which started recording. As it was recording, I quickly tapped on the remaining 10 loops, which queued them up in the chain. That allowed me to auto record 10 loops hands free. Awesome!

The only oddity: the second loop was a waste, because while it was recording, I had to tap the other 10 tracks.

Is there a way to queue the 11 loops (all besides the first loop, which is my drum track)?

(And about the count in, I guess it's not an audible one? Just the little orange glow moving around the loop circle that tells you you're about to start once it hits the top?)

• @Nolefinity2 said:
    The only oddity: the second loop was a waste, because while it was recording, I had to tap the other 10 tracks.

Is there a way to queue the 11 loops (all besides the first loop, which is my drum track)?

Yep! You just need to make sure that "Count-in recording" is on in Settings - then the first track will also count in.

(And about the count in, I guess it's not an audible one? Just the little orange glow moving around the loop circle that tells you you're about to start once it hits the top?)

That's right, no audible count-in, although you're the second person to request that so I'll definitely be putting it into Loopy 3.

• You're awesome Michael, thanks! Any update on when V3 will be out?

And one more question about the count ins: let's say I start a new 12 Loop track and import a drum loop into the first loop, which is just a simple four bar loop that's a few seconds long. Then I hit play, and then I tap the remaining 11 loops to queue them up. By the time I finished tapping those 11 loops, my count in on loop 2 has already cycled around and starts recording. Thus, I still have to ignore loop 2 and just start with loop 3. Does that sound correct?

It's not a big deal, and the problem would be alleviated if my drum loop was longer. In other words, if I import a 12 bar blues drum loop, I would likely have 10 seconds to tap all the empty loops to queue them up and then get ready to start on loop two on time.

Otherwise, I like the idea of being able to queue up all the tracks but still control when the recording starts. In other words, maybe I get all 11 circles ready to record and then I tap a record button or tap the first loop to hear a four beat counting, and then they all start rolling.

Like I said, no big deal. I just want to make sure I know what my options are.

• Also, FYI, I'm planning on making a video called "how to add a looper to your USB-enabled amp" or something like that, which could be a nice marketing video for your app. I'm excited about using Loopy with my Blackstar stereo amp with full range speakers.

In other words, there are probably tons of people like me who wish they had a built-in powerful Looper in their amp, and now all they have to do is hook up the phone or via USB with your app, and the signal goes both ways. I tried it on Blackstar and Line 6 amps. I'm amazed that it worked perfectly!

• Just thought of another instance where I'm wondering what count in actually does:

Let's say I record four loops and hit stop. Then, I want to record a fifth loop but start right on the first beat.

Unless I'm wrong, I can't have that fifth loop count in. The moment I tap the fifth loop, it starts recording.

Is there a way to tap it but have it start with a four measure count in? (Since an audible count isn't available, maybe one quick cycle through the light spinning around the loop)

• You might want to look into a MIDI or Bluetooth pedal because a lot of what you are looking to do could be accomplished with your feet. See the track control bindings for more info.

• You're awesome Michael, thanks! Any update on when V3 will be out?

Thanks =) No, no public announcements yet; I'm making good progress over here, but we're a month away from becoming new parents, so that's sure to throw a spanner in the works!

By the time I finished tapping those 11 loops, my count in on loop 2 has already cycled around and starts recording.

Have you tried increasing the count-in interval in Settings?

Also, FYI, I'm planning on making a video called "how to add a looper to your USB-enabled amp"

Cool!

Unless I'm wrong, I can't have that fifth loop count in. The moment I tap the fifth loop, it starts recording.

Is there a way to tap it but have it start with a four measure count in?

Yep, check the count-in interval settings; set that to 1 bar, pretty sure it'll do what you describe.

@lukesleepwalker makes a really good point - a pedal will go a long way to solving the core issues, though, and gives you a lot more flexibility.

• Awesome. Thanks so much to both of you. I tried the count in length; set it to 16 bars and it gave me all the time I need. You thought of just about everything.

Appreciate it, and congrats on the new baby on the way!

• Great! And thanks =)