Loopy stuck in overdub mode

Loopy HD gets stuck in overdub a LOT on my iPad. It doesn't matter if it's the first loop or a subsequent loop either. I use a foot controller usually and when it gets stuck, neither the foot controller or manual commands can stop the overdub. The only way to get out of it is clearing the track. I'm using an iPad 2 with up to date iOS and up to date version of Loopy HD.

Comments

• I've been having the same problem recording into Loopy via Audiobus with the overdub setting on. The only way to get out of it is to clear the track and start over.

• I've been having the same problem recording into Loopy via Audiobus with the overdub setting on. The only way to get out of it is to clear the track and start over.

• Even my comments are stuck in overdub...

• Ditto - I confirm this also happens with Loopy HD on my iPad2.

• In practice, this has not been a very consistent problem and doesn't happen all the time. So I'm not sure if it has more to do with Loopy, Audiobus, or the way certain apps interact. I'm going to try to notice when it is happening to see if there is any pattern to it.

• That'd be great, @Smeeeth - I'd love to find out how to reproduce this

• Yep. Happens to me too, randomly but almost every session. Even more annoying : on stage !

• Ouch. Trying to track this down.

• Thanks. Happened to me again 2 days ago playing a gig in Germany… broadcasted ! Good I only use ambient layers with long reverbs and nothing rythmic (yet).

• edited October 2013

Has there been any progress on this? I'm totally willing to give more specifics or help with anything... This looper is so close to being my absolute solution for looping, but this one bug is making it impractical live. I want it to work so bad.

• Hey there, check my old forum post out and see if this is the same issue:

http://forum.loopyapp.com/discussion/909/hanging-record#Item_4

sounds like it is, but would like your input.

• Yikes - sorry to hear that, @ckermo. Not much progress on this yet to report, but I'm going to spend some more time on it today.

• Good news! I've finally nailed it. Update is in the review queue now, should be a few days to a week or so.

• Fantastic ! Thanks Michael.

• Finally, Apple have reviewed the update with this fix - it's available now