irig blueboard

edited June 2013 in General

i am new to this forum but using loopy on my iphone 4. would like to ask if anyone has it working with irig blueboard and would they recommend it

Comments

• Ik multimedia is really bad with dates. I remember waiting for iRig Pre forever.

• these are avaliable but need to know if works with loopy

• iRig blueBoard is NOT available yet.

• edited June 2013

@bitchmonkey

do you even read the responses to your post?
    after several fail attempts i got a response from ik multimedia team, 'TILL THE END OF THE SUMMER there WON'T be blueboard.

and of course it will work with loopy. EVERYTHING works with loopy!

@abrokenrecord
    i also had to wait afterforever to get the irigstomp in 2012... they just love to be late.

• Actually the only thing I've liked from ik multimedia is the iPad mic stand.

Hated iRig and iRig Pre because of noise, and vocalive was so latent and noisy. I've wasted $100 in junk.

• ok, thanks for the response, looks like it the iphone headphones and my ukulele for now. it sounds good and all i need it something to allow me to start and stop without using hands

• @abrokenrecord
    ik multimedia has specialized in manufacturing amateur stuff for amateur users who only want to have fun for a while. it seems is there where the money is... let's hope they make a decent job with blueboard.

@bitchmonkey
    you can use any midi foot controller, or you can make your self a wireless foot controller using a bluetooth keyboard (yes! they work with loopy too).

• how would you use a keyboard as a pedal if you are trying not to use your hands

• edited June 2013

@bitchmonkey
    neither your hands nor your feet, use your imagination... and some pieces of bobber. don't see objects with the limits that manufacturers put in them. a bluetooth keyboard is a wireless hardware full of buttons (but it sucks batteries!).

hahaa, i made this "state of the art-fine design cyborg" controller many months ago, when michael implemented key bindings, it's a very useful feature that made loopy even more complete. is there anything left?? let's take advantage of it all!

• @ecce_cello this is just what I need! LOL ...but I'm serious too.

What material did you use? "bobber" might not be an American English term. And has it lasted for more than a few jam sessions? Or are you constantly having to repair it?

• edited June 2013

As long as it works that's all that counts. I like it

• edited June 2013

it's made of this kind of material to isolate roofs from hot/cold. it's very light, but tough. it's glued with two sided tape.
    but just experiment with something that fits your needs.

if you take out all keys but the 4 or 5 you will use (you can put them back, don't be afraid), then you can attach whatever on them with doble sided tape, or sticky velcro tape, and press them with your foot without being afraid of hitting other one.
    also try different heights, in order to avoid to hit the closer key.

and the space key is so huge, that's the best.

it's so light and portable...

f*** blueboard!

and the best is the "repeat effect" you get as you use the key binding "restart session" when you keep pressing the associated key.

pure high (homemade) tech

• @Ecce_cello Great stuff, this homemade tech. And I did notice the different heights, nice touch. Are you using that on stage? I am daydreaming about how I would layout my 35 button foot controller/ Bluetooth keyboard, lol.

The interesting thing is that a basic Bluetooth keyboard can be found new for $20-30, good value for function if you are just at home working on your looping skills.

• edited June 2013

tip, use "caps lock key" as if it where a midi-channel changer... so you can assign two different functions to each key (one to lowercase, other to capital letters). space key remains always unchanged. the small green light lets you know when it is one or another. great!

@hmtx 35 buttons + the "caps lock key" modifier make a virtual 69 button controller! larger controller ever.

i haven't used it in gigs. batteries last less than 2 hours, and i was having problems with connexion sometimes with mi apple bluetooth keyboard. for the moment i prefer to rely on the tip of my fingers.

• iRig BlueBoard is now shipping. We announce pre orders when the product is about 60ish days from shipping. We like to think we are pretty solid when it comes to shipping.

• So far the BlueBoard is working fine with Loopy.... Currently trying to decide which parameters to set that work best for what I need. In fact the BlueBoard seems to work with a lot of apps....

But further back in this thread it was mentioned that IK stuff is only for amateurs so better not trust my opinion... As I am more than happy with all my IK gear and programs.

• If you are still curious how the iRig BlueBoard performs with Loopy HD, I made a video tutorial for the iRig BlueBoard and Loopy HD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptn--N7YPmA

It works really well despite a very slight delay which you can see in real time in the above video. Hope it helps some of you out who were wondering how the iRig BlueBoard might work with Loopy HD (as well as Amplitube and Jamup Pro).

NOTE: Loopy HD is featured from about 7 minutes into the video.

• I just bought a Blueboard, but cannot seem to get it to connect to my jamup pro xt on my ipad!.......
    It connects fine to the free blueboard app and works with it.... But doesn't do a damn thing to my jamup! I want to use it simply to change channels.
    Help someone please, as I know nothing about midi!!!!!! :(

• With the Blueboard, can it control Loopy when Loopy is not the foreground app. I have an airturn, but being straight bluetooth (not midi) it only works when Loopy is in the Foreground. I use ForScore for lyrics, backtracks, and as a midi controller to change all my pedal / keyboard patches when I select a song, so I like that to be foreground. If this works background it would be great.

I love lopy, but still have one wish list item - please pretty please add per song controller assignments. I rarely do live recording, but I use a combination of Verse / Chorus / break arrangements, and Instrument 1, instrument 2, instrument 3 arrangments, so I would love to be able to save pedal assignments per song - the RC50 has a toggle / add choice per patch.

Cheers

Grif

• Hi guys,

this is my first post in the forum, so please I apologise in advance if I'm not doing it right.

I want to leave my impression on the iRig Blueboard, which I just bought.

I am trying to use Loopy as an "old school" looper, such as the JamMan, where you add your loops without a tempo track. For this, we know that the time between pressing the pedal and the loopy app responding has to be extremely low. And well, this is where I got disappointed.

It seems like the latency is two long, which mean I always loose the first strum on my guitar. I tried using a standard MIDI keyboard (wire connected to my iPad) and Loopy works just fine, i.e. it responds instantaneously.

So... the problem is on the bluetooth / blueboard latency.

As some other people have said, the blueboard works just fine when it comes to only switching stomp boxes on and off, or even controlling the loopy app when the Count-in recording / muting options are on.

Overall, I'm quite disappointed with the iRig blueboard. I will have to find a standard wired MIDI pedal for this application.

Cheers.

Manuel

• @ecce_cello said:
    @bitchmonkey
    neither your hands nor your feet, use your imagination... and some pieces of bobber. don't see objects with the limits that manufacturers put in them. a bluetooth keyboard is a wireless hardware full of buttons (but it sucks batteries!).

hahaa, i made this "state of the art-fine design cyborg" controller many months ago, when michael implemented key bindings, it's a very useful feature that made loopy even more complete. is there anything left?? let's take advantage of it all!

Do you think that this would also work if one used a bluetooth mouse?