Loops shifted upside down

edited May 2013 in Techniques

Hey everyone,

Just wanna share my problem as i am a bit confused. Maybe someone else has the same prob..
My song starts with a 2 bar loop. Loop one is finished and keeps on playing. so far so good. With beginning of loop one I start recording the second loop which is 4 bars long. The problem i figured out is, that loopy shifts the second loop as soon as i finish recording. so the second loop starts playing with bar no. 3 instead of no.1.

When i played the same song in same tempo some month ago there was no shifting....
Am i doing something wrong now (new loopy version....)

Best regards

Comments

• Eep, that's not right. Can you hook me up with a sequence of steps to replicate this, with a description of your config in Track Management settings? I was just trying it now and I can't seem to get it to happen.

• edited May 2013

It doesn t matter if Midi or touchcontroled...

• toggle record track 1 without count in: sing 1,2,3,4
    • stop record without count out
      -> first loop finished
    • toggle record track 2 without count in: sing 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
    • stop record without count out
      Then the first loop plays: 1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4
      The second plays; 5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4

See screenshot with track management settings

Michael, thanks for ur support.

• Hmm, I see you're using an older version - what happens if you try the latest, 1.4.3? (or 1.4.2, they should both work the same with respect to this). If you want to retain the ability to downgrade, just make sure you back up the current "ipa" file for Loopy (here's how).

I've just tried it here, and it seems to work fine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=druBdIXluKY

• Ok that is funny...
    I ve updated and - problem solved :-D
    Has anything changed in the "how to loop the loop"algorithm? As i found out in V1.3.2 it seems to be a timing issue...if I stop recording at ...6&7&"stop" (counting six and seven and) it works fine but if i stop at 6&7"stop" its shifted....

Ok anyway...
    Songwriting can continue :-D
    Thx michael, I m still so in love with the app.

Cheers,
    Marc

• I'm very glad to hear it! =) Yeah, I've made a couple of tweaks along the way to make some things possible/easier.