Apogee Duet 2 or roland capture ua 22

edited May 2013 in Equipment

Hi everybody,
I have an ipad 4 and I'm looking for an audio device and after some research i want to choose between duet 2 and roland ua 22 capture.
I want to know if duet 2 work without powered hub and if sound really better of ua 22 in live performances because the price difference is very high but i'm not sure about that.

Thanks

Comments

• The Apogee Duet for iPad / iOs (also loosely called Duet 2, but pls note they are different )... Anyway, you have to use the power adapter with the duet. It doesn't turn on without it... but it does charge your iPad and use a old 30-pin style iPad connector. If you have the lightning connector, you'll need an adapter, too.

The only problem I have had with the Duet is that it will only talk to 'Core Midi' devices via its usb-A-style midi port. I bought a KMI sofstep foot controller that is (apparently) only 'class compliant' and they can't talk to each other. Apart from that specific issue, the Duet is fantastic, and I'd recommend it. Just make sure you get the one that is designed for the iPad. The 'Duet 2' is for the proper Mac only... the 'Duet for iPad' is the one you want.

• Kenton USB host would take the Duet output and route to standard midi outs. It worked for me taking USB midi from a Casio keyboard into Rock Band. Hope this helps. Apogee should sell a breakout cable with proper midi methinks.