Import loop wav from itunes

edited December 2012 in General

Hello. Sorry, but I have not figured out how to import some audio loops from the itunes library into loopy hd for ipad. Perhaps few things have changed with the latest version of itunes? thanks

Comments

• would be possible to implement the ability to import audio files placed directly from iPad's itunes as some other applications such as Beatmaker, Fruity loops and others? Without having to connect up the ipad to computer?

• Not possible at the moment but you can always copy and paste from a program that can. Copy it from say Beatmaker and then hold an empty loop in loopy for a second. Tap 'share' and paste from the list.

• Not a bad idea though, @superfranz, although I'm keen on implementing an FTP/web server instead so you can just drag files in over WiFi; I think that may be more generally useful, so I might prioritise that first - feel free to correct me, of course =)

• Also, @superfranz, don't forget that you can 'open in' Loopy, and Loopy will pop it into an empty track on the current session (as long as I remember to leave an empty track!!). I know in Music Studio (after I've already exported a wave file of the Music Studio project - it then appears in the list of files available within Music Studios project page), I can use share, then I choose 'open in' to open the wave file in Loopy. With GarageBand I shared it via email and did an 'open in' Loopy from the email - avoiding at all cost connecting the laptop... Hope these count as helpful tips.

I'm also keen to have ways to get stuff from other apps into Loopy without having to email, FTP, etc, because 1) it uses precious bandwidth and 2) if I'm in a dodgy/no signal area it is slow or doesn't work at all (I occasionally work in remote areas of Australia and use Music apps like Loopy keep me sane).

• I've previously been able to import my recorded samples/sounds, from Itunes into Loopy. I had them all set up nicely through garageband too. My kids have somehow removed all my sessions however :( Now, I can't seem to import them again!! Loopy will only show me it's own in app loops - there's no option for User loops....Help please?!

• @Embles said:
    I've previously been able to import my recorded samples/sounds, from Itunes into Loopy. I had them all set up nicely through garageband too. My kids have somehow removed all my sessions however :( Now, I can't seem to import them again!! Loopy will only show me it's own in app loops - there's no option for User loops....Help please?!

May be you can try some software to help recover data from iphone.