New Feature: Overview Panel
I think a lot of the stuff I need to access from the sidebar panels could be compacted into a single panel. When in 'the moment', I'd love to avoid swiping that thing. I recognize that this particular collection of items may be completely personal to my own workflow but I'm hoping something like it would be useful to other people as well. I'd love to hear other people's thoughts on what would be on the 'master panel' of their dreams.
My thought is that this wouldn't need to replace any of the current screens, it could just be added as the first one. Though, for me anyway, it could replace the current 'play/pause + levels' screen pretty seamlessly.
- Panel background shows input level and perhaps output level as well. Much like the current levels screen but backgrounded behind other controls and full height.
- Current loop multiplier
- metronome on/off
Stuff that may fit on the ipad version:
- multiply/divide loop multiplier
- tap tempo with tempo as number inside of the button
- input selection flyout (same dot-symbols that populate the input panel now, just shown horizontally across the screen after tapping the single button on the panel).
FWIW, these are the settings items I often tap into and wouldn't mind seeing as shortcuts on this panel, providing there's inclination and room***.
- save session
- midi screen (for setting up sync)
- synchronize tracks
*** when I say 'room', I don't mean cramming crap on a screen just because there are available pixels. Michael, I totally appreciate your reluctance to add UI noise. It keeps loopy a breath of fresh air. Indeed, part of the reason I'm even bothering to suggest this is to reduce UI interactions further by grouping commonly used items onto a single panel.
Thanks for reading,