Loopy Pro distortion advice

Hi - Loving first explorations of Loopy Pro, but I'm finding it start to distort after multiple tracks - any advice on keeping the levels lower - should I just lower the input gain?

Thanks for any input!

Comments

  • Yes, gain staging to give yourself some headroom is the solution :) Set your input volume so it doesn't peak above more than around -6dB. And if you're using effects/ plugins, watch the input level they receive, and the output they send to next in chain, as well.
    Finally, mix your recorded tracks as necessary with the faders in the mixer, to make sure the master output at the end of the mixer is not clipping above 0dB.

  • You can also choose to use a limiter plugin at the end of the master chain, which will, as the name implies, squash the signal to limit the output so it doesn't clip.

    DDMF has a limiter for 10 bucks: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/nolimits-au-limiter-by-ddmf/id1202923828

  • @Icoustic said:
    Yes, gain staging to give yourself some headroom is the solution :) Set your input volume so it doesn't peak above more than around -6dB. And if you're using effects/ plugins, watch the input level they receive, and the output they send to next in chain, as well.
    Finally, mix your recorded tracks as necessary with the faders in the mixer, to make sure the master output at the end of the mixer is not clipping above 0dB.

    Thanks!!

  • edited April 13

    @Icoustic said:
    You can also choose to use a limiter plugin at the end of the master chain, which will, as the name implies, squash the signal to limit the output so it doesn't clip.

    DDMF has a limiter for 10 bucks: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/nolimits-au-limiter-by-ddmf/id1202923828

    And Loopy Pro has one built in (Dynamics)

  • @Michael said:

    @Icoustic said:
    You can also choose to use a limiter plugin at the end of the master chain, which will, as the name implies, squash the signal to limit the output so it doesn't clip.

    DDMF has a limiter for 10 bucks: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/nolimits-au-limiter-by-ddmf/id1202923828

    And Loopy Pro has one built in (Dynamics)

    Awesome - even better - thx!

  • @Michael said:
    And Loopy Pro has one built in (Dynamics)

    Ah yes, forgot about that xD

Sign In or Register to comment.