Can I connect boss rc 505 to loopy pro ? For use as an input device ?

Sorry if it’s been asked before ,
Iam having trouble using my boss rc 505 with loopy pro .
I would like to connect it ( add hardware) in loopy pro.
I can connect it via headphone socket to record the output which is cool but would love to also use it as an input .
I have tried using a midi to usb to no avail .
I only have a standard iOS connector on my I pad at the moment.
Do I need more hardware ( eg proper audio interface ). ??
Or would a WIDI Bluetooth connector work ….. via the app ?
Or Am I just making schoolboy errors ? Or is this something not supported by the app yet ?

Any help massively appreciated.
Thanks Paul

Comments

• edited February 16

@pelvins1 said:
    Sorry if it’s been asked before ,
    Iam having trouble using my boss rc 505 with loopy pro .
    I would like to connect it ( add hardware) in loopy pro.
    I can connect it via headphone socket to record the output which is cool but would love to also use it as an input .
    I have tried using a midi to usb to no avail .
    I only have a standard iOS connector on my I pad at the moment.
    Do I need more hardware ( eg proper audio interface ). ??
    Or would a WIDI Bluetooth connector work ….. via the app ?
    Or Am I just making schoolboy errors ? Or is this something not supported by the app yet ?

Any help massively appreciated.
    Thanks Paul

You can use your 505 as audio interface. Go into the 505's system settings, and set USB mode to Audio/midi instead of Storage.
    Here's a vid:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4SQp1alWnQ

• owiowi
    edited February 16

sorry, there is no chance to do this with an ios device because the rc 505 needs a driver, it is not class compliant.
    you will need an audio interface where you can connect the outputs of the rc 505 to the inputs of the interface.
    then you can use the inputs of the rc 505 via the interface for looping in loopy pro. but please avoid connecting the outputs of the interface to the inputs of the rc 505 with having made the connections i mentioned above, because this will end in a feedback-loop.

• Apparently Inkie had it working for a while, directly connected to his iPad, so it should be possible. I don’t have one, so can’t advise though.

• Mk1 is no, as it’s not a class compliant interface - mk 2 yes as it is a class compliant interface