Chaining loops together?

edited October 2012 in General

Okay, I'm having great fun making 12 track loops. I can save 'em, import 'em, etc. But I don't understand how to chain loop files together. Can I do so? Also, I don't quite get how to use the record button (the one next to the reset session button. I assume I just press record and it records every move I make until I press record again. Is that right? Is there a tutorial or FAQ on this one? Thanks. Great App!!!!!!

Comments

• Thanks @spiralup!

By "chain", do you mean insert them end-to-end? You'll need to do that in audio editor app, and then paste it in.

The record button lets you record a live mixdown of the session - anything you hear coming out the speaker (or recorded via the mic, if you have that on in settings) will be recorded. You can find those recordings in "Recordings".

Cheers,
    Michael

• Thanks, Michael. Great product! I understand the record button now. As to end-to-end, I'm trying to create A/B/C parts in Loopy, analogous to scenes in Ableto Live. Since I can't chain within Loopy, I guess I could use track merging to create triggerable parts. Can you think of other ways to do this?

• edited October 2012

Cheers!
    Ah, I see. Currently, track merging's the only way to do it, but I'm planning on adding track groupings soon.

• First message, so hello everyone !
    To me, this is a major functionality, as it is included into RC-50 and RC-300, which made these hardware looper's the best...