Cannot change UV3 instrument and keep the channel

Seems that one cannot change an AUV3 instrument without deleting the whole channel.
Sometime I want to keep the channel because it is setup with the right routing and effects, but want to change instrument. Same is true for midi channels.

Or did I miss something ?

Comments

• If you apply the effects to a color rather than an instrument, you can retain the effects chain.

• @grokker said:
    If you apply the effects to a color rather than an instrument, you can retain the effects chain.

You can do that but it does not replace the feature I mentioned.

• One other approach you can try - create the second AU’s instance, then drag the effects from the first instance channel strip to the second instance. It’s not the solution you’re asking for, but it can be used as another workaround.

• @grokker said:
    One other approach you can try - create the second AU’s instance, then drag the effects from the first instance channel strip to the second instance. It’s not the solution you’re asking for, but it can be used as another workaround.

Thanks grokker, but I wasn’t really looking for workaround. My point was that it would be nice to do it without workaround. Seems like a missing little feature for me: long press -> change instrument .