Had to revert to 0.9 (68) due to Loop timing issues

I tried several times tonight going back and forth between 0.9 (69) and (68). At least with my set up ver 69 is having issues with the loop point. I'm using quantized loops at set bars. (With count in and count out) On ver 69 when the loop comes to its first cycle and goes into overdub it jumps slightly and seems to have to correct itself. After a few rounds it corrects but unusable for live performance as the hiccup is very audible. Ver 68 on the other hand is very smooth in this respect. Can anyone verify the same experience?

Setup with Loopy Pro
2018 ish iPad
Focusrite i818
Launchpad Pro Mk3 and Morningstar MC8
Vocal Mic
Electric and acoustic guitars
Apps inside Loopy Pro (Neosoul keys, Digistix and Koala FX)

Comments

  • Can you record a little video showing it, @jxsh? Can't repro currently

  • @Michael said:
    Can you record a little video showing it, @jxsh? Can't repro currently

    You can clearly hear a harsh sound like an artifact as the loop closes in this video. Then the subsequent loops smooth out.

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/89pywqm6151r095/Video Oct 12, 10 15 05 PM.mov?dl=0

  • @Michael said:
    Can you record a little video showing it, @jxsh? Can't repro currently

    Also on the second try on this one around 22 seconds in. https://www.dropbox.com/s/sy8onysl3mi2rxj/Video Oct 12, 10 11 53 PM.mov?dl=0

    Then in this video again I went back to 68 and the problem went away!

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/lh291em9168ib7l/Video Oct 12, 10 03 37 PM.mov?dl=0

    I hope we can get this figured out! I’m really loving the app but this is a big hang up in testing it. I’ll be getting a new iPad and interface in a few days so I’ll see if it’s system related as well.

  • Thanks, @jxsh. I still can't reproduce this here; can you do some isolation testing to try to figure out how to repro?

    For example: Try using on a blank project, and without any hardware at all, and see if you get glitches then. Then try with just the i818 connected, on a blank project. Steadily work up to your full setup, where you were seeing the glitches, and see where it starts happening.

  • @Michael said:
    Thanks, @jxsh. I still can't reproduce this here; can you do some isolation testing to try to figure out how to repro?

    For example: Try using on a blank project, and without any hardware at all, and see if you get glitches then. Then try with just the i818 connected, on a blank project. Steadily work up to your full setup, where you were seeing the glitches, and see where it starts happening.

    I now have the new interface and will start testing on a new project and work from there. I do have a question. Are track setting connected to color settings? Do they need to be the same? Is there a hierarchy of settings that needs to be followed?

  • Yep, there's global track settings, and then per-colour

  • @Michael said:
    Yep, there's global track settings, and then per-colour

    Okay Thanks for clarifying.

  • FYI I'm waiting on results of your isolation testing with the glitches, as I can't repro here

  • @Michael said:
    FYI I'm waiting on results of your isolation testing with the glitches, as I can't repro here

    Hey Michael with V72 and my new interface those issues have cleared up. It must have been related to my old interface somehow because it’s working as expected now. Thanks for checking in!

  • Ah great! That’s a relief!

Sign In or Register to comment.