UX - Setting loop points on the time line is fiddly

UX feedback - It took me a while to work out how to do it with the long press, then was weirded out by the loop from / loop to flow. It’s difficult to set loop start from beat one of bar one.

Comments

• Yeah, I think I'll add a loop button to the toolbar (although this will only be visible on iPad, as there's not room on iPhone). That may help a bit.

• edited October 10

I found this too. I found myself setting a loop at beat 2 or 3, then dragging it into place. Sometimes I feel 'there needs to be a 'margin' before the first beat. Almost a visual clue like a notebook page.

Also different tracks were created with different loop lengths with just a press, maybe that was to do with magnification at the time.

A little confusing was double clicking to delete/copy a loop, whereas this didn't seem to work for the waveform in the header of each track. Found it was long press but wasn't working reliably, then found it was swipe left, and it was working reliably. Very small point, but a little unintuitive for me, though i can see the reason, with other things to press on that header.

• @SimonSomeone said:
    A little confusing was double clicking to delete/copy a loop, whereas this didn't seem to work for the waveform in the header of each track. Found it was long press but wasn't working reliably, then found it was swipe left, and it was working reliably. Very small point, but a little unintuitive for me, though i can see the reason, with other things to press on that header.

Fair point - I'll make it work on long press too.