In AUM - Multi out is a top priority

I know it’s on the list for post launch, but I reckon a lot of folks will have multi out auv3 on their priority list.

Small thing as well, but it only shows up as an auv3 effect, not an auv3 instrument. I can kinda understand this but it would work as an instrument too, like koala.

Comments

• On your second point, as I understand it AUv3 instruments can’t host other AUv3s, so Loopy Pro would be pretty neutered in that slot.

Whereas as an effect in AUM, Loopy Pro can take audio input from the instrument slot above it (an AUv3 app, the iPad mic or a whole bus, for example). So that is probably Michael’s logic for this, although he may have other thoughts!

• @Eighthours said:
    On your second point, as I understand it AUv3 instruments can’t host other AUv3s, so Loopy Pro would be pretty neutered in that slot.

Whereas as an effect in AUM, Loopy Pro can take audio input from the instrument slot above it (an AUv3 app, the iPad mic or a whole bus, for example). So that is probably Michael’s logic for this, although he may have other thoughts!

Yeah I get it and it does make sense. I know I sometimes stick Koala in the instrument slot if I have a ready made kit though. Just feels neater. But it’s a fairly moot point.

• Shouldn't be too hard to make it work as an instrument too. Will see what I can do, and I'll promote the multi-out thing to release.

• @Michael said:
    Shouldn't be too hard to make it work as an instrument too. Will see what I can do, and I'll promote the multi-out thing to release.

Awesome! As long as I’m not making life more difficult than it already is.

I was just thinking with loopy pro loaded as an auv3 we’ll miss out on the FX chain type behaviour, but with multi out it’s not an issue. I can see myself using Loopy Pro stand-alone, and in AUM just as much. I think a lot of folks will be looking to fit it into their AUM workflow.

• edited October 11

Yes, I tried in AUM when I found that input managing and chains have some problems for my workflow, but it’s hard to endure to know what’s possible with auv3s inside loopy in standalone mode and then renounce that and having to do 80% of effects and all instruments in AUM. I like the idea of controlling everything for a specific session from the main screen.

Multiple outs would reduce that pain a bit, because effects per loop is a „wow“ feature.

But in the end that’s the point, why I am a bit picky with that input managing topics. To use its full potential one has to use loopy as standalone and because of that loopy has Tontafeln care of different input scenarios like audio interfaces with multiple inputs where in a live-scenario you want to mute and level from the main screen and taking off Instruments from CPU because one wants to record the output of an instrument with effects and then turn it all off because you need that cpu power for another instrument.