Disable headphone mic

Hi, I would like to choose the iPhone mic to record when I'm using headphones, but it's not possible, Loopy automatically detects the headphones mic and uses that. Is there a way around this? Problem is, all headphones with mics have the mic on the cable, close to the head/mouth, so it doesnt capture the sound of my guitar cause its too far from it. I have to put my head on top if my guitar so that the mic is close enough to the guitar, doesn't really make sense does it? Hopefully I'm missing something. Thanks.

Comments

• I'm afraid this isn't possible, no - this is a system limitation. If the headphones have a mic, then iOS will always use that. So, best to find some headphones without a mic if you want to use the iPhone's built-in one.

• @Michael said:
    I'm afraid this isn't possible, no - this is a system limitation. If the headphones have a mic, then iOS will always use that. So, best to find some headphones without a mic if you want to use the iPhone's built-in one.

Thanks for the reply. Actually there is another looper "Jam Looper" by Unstatic Ltd which has this functionality right upfront in the settings, you can choose headset mic or iPhone mic. All my in ear headphones have a mic, rather standard...

• Anyhow, apparently it is possible and it would be great if this could be implemented in the next Loopy update. Thanks.

• @cristo said:
    Anyhow, apparently it is possible and it would be great if this could be implemented in the next Loopy update. Thanks.

Oh! Wow! This is new to me, as it didn't used to be possible - I'll investigate further! Thanks for following up.