Count-in

I'm not clear on how to set up the count-in. Further to that, when I view the tutorial video which goes over the count-in, I don't actually see the count-in being referred to. Where is the count-in displayed - in the side-bar or in the loop circle? Does it indicate the numeric 1, 2, 3, 4? I do not see the numeric 1,2,3,4 displayed in the tutorial video. It appears to be just the edge of the loop circle spinning with no numeric count-in (1,2,3,4) displayed. Is that the case? I'm starting to record my first loop by singing the various harmonies of The Lion Sleeps Tonight to emulate the Jimmy Fallon & Billy Joel duet. When I watch their duet, it appears to me that they are looking at a count-in each time before they start to sing each of their parts so that they each know when to start. Does anyone know if that is the case? I am happy singing free format without setting a tempo but would also be happy to set a tempo if that is necessary. Does anyone know if that is what Jimmy Fallon and Billy Joel did in their duet? Can I still set up a count-in without setting a tempo? I just want to see a count-in of 1,2,3,4 displayed each time I record a part so that I know when to start and can have all my parts start at the same time to have a seamless alignment of all my parts just like Jimmy Fallon and Billy Joel did.

Comments

• The count-in works with the first track only if the tempo is set.
    Maybe this is your prolem?

• @ttk has it, @Looping - to use the count-in for your first loop, you need to set the tempo and the loop length first, using the controls on the panel. Then you can use either the audio metronome or the visual flash to give you the timing.

Side note: Loopy Pro, which I'm building now, is going to be able to automatically figure out your first loop from analysing the audio, so you won't have to mess around with this stuff first.