Immediately mute and Immediately play loop function?

I am trying to create a loop for the solo section of Blackhole Sun, which shifts from 4/4 time to 9/4 time. I would like to record the 9 beat riff and then have it repeatedly restart from the "1" 6 times while I solo over it. I have Loopy set up for all my performances with "Play from the Start" enabled and a count in. No matter what I have tried, I cannot seem to get this to work.

I trigger Loopy automatically with a running MIDI file that runs parallel to a click track. I have tried recording the track with a "Mute track immediately" command right before the 1, followed by an immediate "Toggle Mute" command for the track and that does not seem to work. Have tried recording the riff twice on 2 different tracks, the problem there is the 2nd track, the "1" is shifted to be in the middle of the track.

I would like an "Immediately mute Track and immediately play track" function, which could mute a track and then, due to the "Play from the Start" setting, immediately play it over again.

Anyone else have ideas? This one has me stumped!

Comments

• OK, I did solve my problem and it does work. I reset the timing to 3/4 time and it repeats perfectly. It is a minor issue for me with this song to reset the timing, as the only loop I am making is this 9/4 loop, no loops that are 4/4 timing. I will just have to "note to self" to manually change the time and go back to 4/4 once the song is over so my next song isn't a dumpster fire. I just really like to automate everything I can with my set-up to prevetn mistakes.

What I would wish for in the ?upcoming? Loopy Pro update is the ability to have Presets that can be Midi selected for functions like this, so you could automate switching from a 4/4 timing Preset to 3/4 timing within a song and then back again, without erasing the loops of course. You could have various Presets for Global functions like timing, Play from Start on/off, Count ins and count outs, etc.

Another option for this particular instance would be a CC command that maybe links ranges of the Midi values (0-127) with timings, so maybe you put in 50 and get 3/4 timing and 60 for 4/4, and can change with MIDI commands. As it is I see where you can add or subtract bars, but not change time signature with MIDI commands.

• Hmmm...not perfect...for some reason the last beat is cut off. Tried moving the track mute toggle out a little and it goes from last beat recording cut off but in perfect time to adding an extra beat. It "works" as I have it, just a jarring staccato end to the loop. Sigh...

• But able to get it to work in 1/4 time. Maybe I should have just set up all my songs in 1/4 for more flexibility. As it is I would have to go back and tweak all the MIDI files to work because the count in interval changes, but at least I have it working.

• @go2ldook said:
    I am trying to create a loop for the solo section of Blackhole Sun, which shifts from 4/4 time to 9/4 time. I would like to record the 9 beat riff and then have it repeatedly restart from the "1" 6 times while I solo over it. I have Loopy set up for all my performances with "Play from the Start" enabled and a count in. No matter what I have tried, I cannot seem to get this to work.

I trigger Loopy automatically with a running MIDI file that runs parallel to a click track. I have tried recording the track with a "Mute track immediately" command right before the 1, followed by an immediate "Toggle Mute" command for the track and that does not seem to work. Have tried recording the riff twice on 2 different tracks, the problem there is the 2nd track, the "1" is shifted to be in the middle of the track.

I would like an "Immediately mute Track and immediately play track" function, which could mute a track and then, due to the "Play from the Start" setting, immediately play it over again.

Anyone else have ideas? This one has me stumped!

I'm maybe the only one, but I really can't understand what you're trying to achieve.

Maybe a little drawing might help?