Any way to synchronize imported loops of different length?

edited September 2012 in General

Any way to synchronize imported loops of different length? without any time stretching!

Hi, I am really beginning to worship this App, Its nearly about to replace my Jamman!!

Sorry in advance if this is confusingbut I will try and explain best I can!!!

Excuse me if this has been asked before but the way I play is I prepare my loops in BIAB (As I play mainly Jazz) I usually split the loops into section A and B etc. and stick them into Jamman and step through them as required (I can select the next loop, say B, while A is playing and B won’t play until A is finished) This works great for me!

Loopy (with in/out mute on) does this fine with imported loops that are the same length which covers about 80% of my set list as the A and B sections are the same amount of bars!

I am struggling when a tune has an A and B section that are different lengths i.e. if the A section is 16 bars and the B section is 8 bars the pretty spinning wheels go all out of sync and B finishes and A is still catching up!!!

Is there any to sync them even though they are different lengths without harming the tempo of the shorter loop? (No stretching)

Thanks for you patients!

Eddie

Comments

• Not sure if the is a better solution for your problem but if its infrequent, you could copy the loop into an editor first, double it in length and then paste it back in.

• Hi syrupcore, thanks , that would just double up the phrase which is OK on some tunes!
    The only way I can do it is to "Re-Amp" it in using the mulitply/divide utilities! Just wondering if Loopy can do this internally!

Thanks for the feedback though ;)

Ed