Recall Sessions with Program Changes

Can a session be recalled with a Program Change, and/or can you assign a session to a Program Change?

Thanks! Rich

Comments

• Hey Rich. Not right now, but you can work around it using the MIDI learn in Audiobus and turning on Audiobus session loading in Loopy's advanced settings. Then you can save a different Audiobus preset for each Loopy session and use Audiobus' preset loading MIDI learn action.

• @Michael said:
    Hey Rich. Not right now, but you can work around it using the MIDI learn in Audiobus and turning on Audiobus session loading in Loopy's advanced settings. Then you can save a different Audiobus preset for each Loopy session and use Audiobus' preset loading MIDI learn action.

Thanks Michael. However, with this scenario, I would still need to manually switch the presets in Audiobus because presets themselves cannot be recalled with a Program Change. I appreciate the response.

• presets themselves cannot be recalled with a Program Change.

They can, actually.

• They can, actually.

Ok. I have read about this and keep trying to accomplish this but I cannot seem to figure it out. I know this is now an AB3 question, but can you explain real quick how this is done, or point me somewhere that can explain it step by step? Thank you so much.

• Sure! Sorry about the delay.

For reference: https://audiob.us/help/#midi-learn

You'll need to tap the MIDI learn button in AB to go into MIDI learn mode, then tap the presets button on the toolbar. Then, either tap a specific preset, or tap the Next or Previous buttons, then press the button/pedal on your MIDI controller to make the binding.