swiping a loop to clear it, and it drags it instead

Hi, I just stacked my clips on accident for about the billionth time, and I just thought I'd write in begging you to find another way to bring up that menu. I can never get that swipe to work on the first try, and sometimes it will drag my clip and drop it on another clip, combining them, which is cool, but I wish it would at least ask since they can't be separated, and it's not what I wanted to do. The whole swipe thing in this app is too imprecise. Even when it works, I have to swipe 5 times on average to get it to work. I suggest you find another way to bring up that menu.

Comments

• @Jason - welcome to the forum.

Here are a few suggestions that may help with the Re-record/Clear menu:

• Depending on the iDevice you are using, it can get a little crowded using the max number of tracks. Use the track layout with the fewest number of tracks that meets your needs.
    • swipe diagonally from the center to get the Re-record/Clear menu, this allows you to swipe further without merging/moving the track.
    • swipe from the center to just past the outer edge quickly. And don't touch the surrounding track edges (see suggestion above) "Practice, Practice, Practice"
    • use a midi controller (physical or iOS app) and map this function to a button.

If you have a suggestion on a better way to bring up the Re-record/Clear menu, @Michael has always been willing to listen.

This is only my opinion, but a confirmation when swiping to move/merge would interrupt the whole flow of that process.

Loopy is an instrument, or more basically, a tool. Most tools take knowledge and practice to use effectively, whether it is the swing of a hammer or the swipe of a finger.

• Hey @Jason - I do concede that the gesture-heavy nature of Loopy's interface can lead to shenanigans sometimes. I've rethought the UI for Loopy Pro to resolve this, as well as adding undo/redo for slipups; that's coming later this year.

• edited September 10

@Ganthofer said:
    This is only my opinion, but a confirmation when swiping to move/merge would interrupt the whole flow of that process.

How about a simple option in settings? "Ask for confirmation prior to merge?" Checkbox: yes or no.

Prior to move is unnecessary since it's simple enough to move it back if all you've done is accidentally moved it to an empty track. But no recourse after an accidental merge.

Edit: or yeah, undo/redo should work, lol