Bindings question

Hi all,

I have question about Loopy bindings with the IK Blueboard
Having some difficulty understanding how some of the bindings work apparently. Here’s what I’m trying to do with prerecorded loops:

Button A: Mute Track 1 and unmute Track 2
Button B: Mute Track 2 and unmute Track 1

Button A Binding: Mutes the currently selected track or specific track (Track 1) and then plays the next muted track.

Button B Binding: Mutes the currently selected track or specific track (Track 2) and then plays the next muted track.

Here’s what happens:
Works fine unless I press Button A a 2nd time by accident, then both loops are on. Same with Button B.

What am I missing? - Thanks!

Comments

• edited November 28

@jg707 - I am not familiar with the Blue Board, but from your description, you are using the “Mute and Unmute next muted track (track #1, ...)” where you have specified the track to be muted. One binding with #1 and the second binding with #2. Notice however, you can not specify the track to unmute. Here in lies the catch. Once track 1 is muted and the “next muted track is Unmuted” (track #2), if you send “Mute track #1 and Unmute next muted track” again, it mutes track #1 (already muted) and the next muted track to unmute is track #1, since you only have 2 tracks and track #2 is already unmuted.

Could be consider a bug maybe? @Michael - consider if this is desired functionality.

@jg707 - if you use “Mute and Unmute next muted track (selected)” and don’t specify the track to be Muted, then it will toggle between the 2 tracks. Of course this doesn’t entirely solve you problem if you double tap the button. Only both tracks won’t be playing.

• edited November 28

@jg707 - the binding you describe is function as documented ( explanation towards bottom). This might be considered a bug?

@Michael - consider if this is desired functionality.

Use case:
    - 2 recorded tracks ( e.g. #1 and #2)
    - binding of “Mute and Play next muted track (track 1)”
    - Track 1 playing and track 2 muted

• Activate binding, track 1 mutes and track 2 plays.

• Activate binding again, track 1 plays and track 2 is unchanged (still playing).

This is as documented, but perhaps not as desired.

Explanation: assuming only 2 recorded tracks, if track 1 is muted and track 2 is playing. If the above binding is activated, then track 1 is muted (which it already is) and the next muted track to be unmuted is track 1 since there are only 2 tracks and track 2 is playing. With this binding, you only get to choose which specific track is to be muted, and this happens first.

• Thanks Ganthofer!

• @jg707 - by the way, if you set a binding to “Mute and play next muted track (selected)” , have 2 recorded tracks and start one playing, then this binding will toggle (alternate) between the 2 tracks. Of course this doesn’t help if you double tap by accident, but only one track will always be playing.

• .> @Ganthofer said:

@jg707 - by the way, if you set a binding to “Mute and play next muted track (selected)” , have 2 recorded tracks and start one playing, then this binding will toggle (alternate) between the 2 tracks. Of course this doesn’t help if you double tap by accident, but only one track will always be playing.

Yes, I can make it work, but if I tap the same button again by accident (and that never happens right?) then both play.
    I thought maybe I was missing something as there wasn't any notation in the binding that this is what would happen ... thanks again!