Bluetooth midi

Hi all,
Looking for some guidance please?
Recently I bought a HiFing Bluetooth Midi adapter in the anticipation of hooking an FCB1010 directly to my iPhone- no cables (other than power)
The HiFing powers itself from the midi port. It supports BT4.0. When I enable BT on the phone and use GarageBand I can find the adapter. In Loopy HD I can see the adapter too but so far I’m unable to add any bindings. Grrrrrr

Any one trying this type of method out and having success? Grateful for pointers please

Comments

• Just to add some more findings to my OP. I used GB to identify and connect the HiFing adapter. I have now loaded Midimittr and this does a similar job in that I can connect and disconnect the adapter. However, when successfully connected between iphone 6 s plus and the Hifing midi adapter and using the latest Loopy HD app, I'm still unable to create any bindings. I've reset the FCB1010 [pedals 1&6 then power on] but nada, zilch nothing. If I can get this to work successfully then I plan to mod the FCB to wire the Hifing internally and stick the adapter on the outside to see the blue light. I've previously had bindings into Loopy HD from the FCB1010 using cabled midi so I'm sure all is good there. Just so goddam frustrating particularly when packet sniffers and the like all seem difficult to get going.

Any help or pointers gratefully received. Thanks

• Just to add even some more findings to the OP. I have now loaded Midi Wrench onto the iphone. Connecting the Hifing adapter still doesn't let me create bindings in Loopy HD. Pressing my FCB1010 pedals doesn't give Midi Wrench any output. Midi Wrench messages all seem to be related to Ch 0. So just another 15 to check upon? I'm leaning towards the FCB1010 outputting a default midi channel that isnt being seen by Loopy HD yet - perhaps Ch 1 or 10 as defaults? I'm a little surprised Loopy HD isn't scanning for omni though nothing in the help notes suggest much either way. Onto an FCB1010 editor next to find out which is the default midi channel. I'll continue my solo quest to try to solve this issue and report again. Should anyone have a grain of an inkling that can assist I would be most grateful. Cheers

• @Yorky - i’ve Used an mi.1 and a Puc+ to connect my FCB1010 to my iPad. That was a couple of iOS versions ago. At that time I either had to have the ZivX app or the mi.1 app ( can’t remember the names) to be able to get the Midi messages. I think iOS currently is supposed to have BT support built in, but I have not tried it recently. Will let you know if I get a chance to try BT without one of the old helper apps.

As far as Loopy and the Channel, it shouldn’t matter.