Foot switching set up for live performance

This is a question regarding how best to set up a foot switching system to control Loopy live.
This would be for a solo guitar/vocal set up

I am currently using an IK Blueboard for creating loops and it works pretty well, but to take this set up out for live performance I’m lacking some necessary bindings. Here’s what I’m thinking I will need:

1. Start/Stop Loopy
  2. Presets to mute/unmute 3-4 prerecorded loops (starts at the beginning of the loop)
  3. Presets to record/mute/unmute 3-4 empty loops (recorded live on-the-fly)
  4. Volume for a selected loop
  5. Advance to next Session (Optional)

I had thought the Blueboard might be able to cover all this (with an added expression pedal), but I have been unable to find a binding for #2 above and I really need more than four switches at a time, so I’m thinking of getting the Behringer FCB1010, but I’m not sure how easy it is to create a binding from scratch…

Any advice or suggestions?
Thanks!

Comments

• I‘m sorry I can‘t answer your question but I have a question to you actually. I‘m using the blueboard too and I have the problem that when I combine it with audiobus and something like amplitube or bias fx for guitar effects, the blueboard controls both apps at the same time... so whenever I lets say start a loop it switches to a different guitar effect, cause it‘s set to the same button.

Have you had that problem too? I can‘t seem to solve it and it makes loopy useless to me cause I can‘t use any guitar effects...

• Hi Robert,

I have not had that problem, though it sounds like the issue might be due to having those apps set to receive on the same midi channel. Either that or the Blueboard is set to omni...hope that helps!

• thanks for the fast response. I‘ll check the channels tomorrow. What do you mean by omni?

• Omni means the pedal is sending out on ALL channels at once. The other thing to look for is if either Loopy or your guitar apps are receiving in Omni mode, which means they would RECIEVE all the midi commands regardless if they were meant for that device.