Tracks out of sync

edited November 2017 in General

Ok, I'm new to Loopy, so this may be a "D'Oh!" moment. But my tracks keep getting out of sync with each other. I'll record a four bar track, then record another four bar track and they're fine at first, but they start getting out of sync. I'm using Audiobus 3 with Loopy along with a Blueboard for start/stop etc... Also my interface is the Behringer FCA1616/ADA8200
Any ideas?? Thanks!

Comments

• Turn on “synchronize tracks” in the settings and that will make start/end points line up perfectly in your tracks.

• edited November 2017

Thanks Hmtx...Yes, that is on. Everything looks to be set up correctly from what I can tell...

Question...could 'Count In Quantize' to anything other than 'clock length' be the issue?

• Hey @jg707 - Count In Quantize won't affect that; as long as "Synchronise Tracks" is on, Loopy should enforce that loops are all multiples/power-of-two fractions of the master loop length, so they should all line up. It's super weird that's not happening for you.

Would you mind starting a new session, recording a few tracks that demonstrate the issue, and then syncing that project over via iExplorer/iFunbox to your computer and emailing me the project? I'd like to take a look and try to figure out what's going on.

• Hi Michael,

Yes I will do that. The problem seemed to clear up once I set'Count In Quantize' to 'clock length' however...

• That’s interesting! What was it set to before?

• It turns out it was set to 2 bars. Once I changed it to “clock length” everything sync’d right up. Oddly, I have not been able to recreate the original problem however... I think I’m going to have assume the problem was something I was doing.

Thank you all for the help and support!!

• That's very odd! Bit of a pain that it remains a mystery - oh well!

• The same thing is happening to me. 12 tracks all the same length. Count in quantize is set to clock length but no go. I’m a long time user and I’ve never seen this before.
    This occurs with Link enabled or disabled. Air2, 11.2.

• edited February 24

Hey @Ben, would you mind emailing me the session? (you can grab it off the device with iTunes or iExplorer; I'm michael at atastypixel dot com)

• Thanks for the response @michael. So I open AB3 with Loopy in the output slot to test the new start/stop transport.
    Without realizing it I had the session open in Loopy that I was having the sync problem with and all 12 tracks were in sync after I started the AB session. Only Loopy’s tempo had adjusted to match the other apps that were Linked.
    I opened Loopy later and the session in question was still synced up.
    Just checked again now and it was all good. Go figure.

• Huh! That's instructive! That suggests that maybe it's a tempo adjustment issue; could Loopy have crashed or been interrupted immediately following a tempo change?

• @Michael. I recall no crash or not sure how it would have been interrupted. After adjusting the tempo in Loopy everything remained synced up. That session is still running fine.