Loopy HD won't record

After happily using loopy HD for the last month or so, this morning when I try to record a loop, the light comes on for a fraction of a second and then shuts off. Closing Loopy and restarting did not fix it but restarting the iPad did.

Can anybody educate me as to what might be causing this

Thanks!

Comments

• edited October 2017

@gmpolin - I am guessing that "the light comes on.." is referring to the track circle becoming bright (active).

The only thing basic thing I can think of would be that you have a very short predefined loop time and Count-out Recording enabled (under Track Management).

Are you trying to add to an existing session or starting a new one? Is Count-out Recording enabled? Are you using Midi to control Loopy?

• Yes...the orange light.. the track circle becomes active and then immediately shuts off

I was in the middle of an existing session using seemingly the same parameters that I have been all along....since restarting the program didn't solve it but rebooting the iPad did I assumed it was something on the iPad itself and since I am a naïve iPad user, I thought maybe everybody knew what sort of things would stop loopy from recording.

I guess not!

• I can guess that you don’t kill your apps and had a ton running. Also it depends which iPad you have. Memory could be an issue. I have to reboot my iPad Pro rarely but it becomes necessary every so often. A guess is that IOS has issues. It is not perfect and apps are not perfect, so mix imperfect with imperfect and you have problems. I might even reset my iPad because there are too many annoying things that no one can solve. Even Apple said a reset might be the answer. I don’t think Apple techies would be allowed to recommend resets if they never help. I just wish I knew why. What could happen that a reset could fix? Corruption? Bad sectors or whatever the equivalent is. Does the storage become fragmented? Are there utilities to fix it all instead of starting over. A reset when you have hundreds of apps is a very time consuming thing if there is an equally good solution. You would think Apple would have an app that would fix everything or do the equivalent of a total reset and reinstall of all apps. Maybe I’m dreaming.

• Perrypelican, thanks for the above. It rarely happens but it does. The more I use IOS, the more I am inclined to shut apps down and reboot often.