Loopy HD won't record

After happily using loopy HD for the last month or so, this morning when I try to record a loop, the light comes on for a fraction of a second and then shuts off. Closing Loopy and restarting did not fix it but restarting the iPad did.

Can anybody educate me as to what might be causing this

• edited October 2017

@gmpolin - I am guessing that "the light comes on.." is referring to the track circle becoming bright (active).

The only thing basic thing I can think of would be that you have a very short predefined loop time and Count-out Recording enabled (under Track Management).

Are you trying to add to an existing session or starting a new one? Is Count-out Recording enabled? Are you using Midi to control Loopy?

• Yes...the orange light.. the track circle becomes active and then immediately shuts off

I was in the middle of an existing session using seemingly the same parameters that I have been all along....since restarting the program didn't solve it but rebooting the iPad did I assumed it was something on the iPad itself and since I am a naïve iPad user, I thought maybe everybody knew what sort of things would stop loopy from recording.

I guess not!

• I can guess that you don’t kill your apps and had a ton running. Also it depends which iPad you have. Memory could be an issue. I have to reboot my iPad Pro rarely but it becomes necessary every so often. A guess is that IOS has issues. It is not perfect and apps are not perfect, so mix imperfect with imperfect and you have problems. I might even reset my iPad because there are too many annoying things that no one can solve. Even Apple said a reset might be the answer. I don’t think Apple techies would be allowed to recommend resets if they never help. I just wish I knew why. What could happen that a reset could fix? Corruption? Bad sectors or whatever the equivalent is. Does the storage become fragmented? Are there utilities to fix it all instead of starting over. A reset when you have hundreds of apps is a very time consuming thing if there is an equally good solution. You would think Apple would have an app that would fix everything or do the equivalent of a total reset and reinstall of all apps. Maybe I’m dreaming.