SampleBot / Loopy Pro for ios 10 only???

Hello,

A question mainly for Michael:

I signed up to test the upcoming SampleBot app, unfortunately I could't because it seems to be ios 10 compatible only.

So that got me worried: Are the versions of SampleApp and Loopy Pro going to be only for ios >10?

I'm still sticking to ios 9.2, and I can't imagine I'm the only one out there, yes?!

Comments

• No answer? :/ Well it seems I'm screwed, then...

• edited August 25

Screwed... no, not exactly. You have a hardware/software combination released two years ago that can still run a great looping station with Loopy HD, presumably working for many more years.

Will you be restricted from using new apps? of course. And that is a bummer, can definitely be frustrating. But it comes down to your own choice to decide whether or not you can do what you want with an older setup or if you need to make upgrades so you can use new apps. I don't think it is fair to blame the consequences of that choice on hard working developers who can only feasibly build their apps for the 98% of users who stay on current iOS or 1 previous version.

• edited August 24

And next month iOS 9 falls into that category of 2 versions old. So percentage-wise there will be very few devices remaining on iOS 9 by the time Loopy Pro is released. I don't know Michael's answer, but I would imagine you'll need a device that can run iOS 10 at least.

• Sorry about the delay - been flat out over here! Yep, iOS 10 only; supporting 9 and earlier is just too great a burden, I'm afraid.

• @Hmtx

Yeah, you you're right. I guess I made my personal case a generality.
    I honestly didn't see ios 9 was that much obsolete, that's it.

OK then, I'll stick with Loopy HD, which remains nevertheless an incredible app!

• @Michael

Thanks for the answer!

• Thanks for the kind words! :)

• @Michael, Do we have to go into Test Flight to get the latest version?
    Also, how do we access the tutorial?

• Yep, you'll need to update from TestFlight. Tutorial should come up on its own the first time

• Ok. Got it. The tutorial only goes to the hi hat step then stalls out. Love the additions.
    This is really coming together.