Suggestion for an additional looper app for a specific purpose?

I like Loopy for the track based, beat and time oriented loops it was designed for. I know you can setup loopy with a more traditional approach, like hit the start button, record, hit the button to stop and then it's off to the races, Like the Boss hardware looper. To use both ways on stage though is not practical because you can't save those count-in types of options you need to change with a session. So presuming that
1) I want to continue using Loopy for what it's good at
2) I expect the next major version, aka masterpiece would solve this problem
3) it's too much setup time to switch between looping styles

I am thinking a simple solution would to install a second looper app that was good at the Boss style of looping and then just pick the right app depending on what I want to do. So what would that second, short term addition app be?

Comments

• If you are on iPad, you can buy Loopy (for iPhone) and have it set up to run in the background with MIDI.

• might be worth a shot, thanks

• @Hmtx said:
    If you are on iPad, you can buy Loopy (for iPhone) and have it set up to run in the background with MIDI.

This.

• If it's being able to trigger record both with and without a count-in that you're after, you can do that with Loopy's advanced track triggers, too - there's a "Toggle record without count-in/out" function you can use which overrides the global setting.