How to distort your voice in loopy?

edited June 5 in General

I'm simply trying to distort my voice (using earbud microphone) in loopy without having to adjust the input level. Im guessing I need a 3rd party app? what app should I use? Is it possible to have all the audio run through the app, and then through loopy? I'm purposely trying to only use my iphone.

Comments

• @Ollie_B - I don't have any suggestions on voice altering Apps, it might be useful to describe what you mean by "distort" (Darth vader, chipmunk, melodic hard auto tune, ...???), or an example (movie, song, YouTube video, ...???).

You will need another App to make the audio connection to Loopy from the Voice altering App. AudioBus is the App typically used for this.

• @Ganthofer said:
    @Ollie_B - I don't have any suggestions on voice altering Apps, it might be useful to describe what you mean by "distort" (Darth vader, chipmunk, melodic hard auto tune, ...???), or an example (movie, song, YouTube video, ...???).

You will need another App to make the audio connection to Loopy from the Voice altering App. AudioBus is the App typically used for this.

I want it to sound the same way it does when the mic is clipping in loopy (with reverb too). so it's basically like a guitar amp sound on "distortion" setting.

I guess I could try connecting the voice altering app to loopy via audio bus. hopefully I can set that up beforehand and just stay in loopy the whole time

• @Ollie_B - for that type of distortion, you can probably use one of the free Guitar Amp sims ( JamUp, AmpKit, ToneStack GO, ...)

• edited June 6

Thank you for the reply @Ganthofer I got JamUp (great app btw!) and I was sooo close to getting it to work without audiobus actually! I put both apps in background mode (to keep active no matter where you are on the phone), and that almost made it work. I could hear my distorted voice in loopy, but when I played back something after recording, it was just normal sounding as if JamUp wasnt used at all.

I tried to figure out what path to use in audiobus for these two loops, but couldn't get it to work for my goal either. I had Jamup as the input, and Loopy as the output, but I want to be able to switch the distortion on later in the song.

Basically the song is built on normal vocal tones, but then when I add the main vocal I distort it. I couldn't figure out a way to do this in audiobus without stopping the song. it's almost like it wants me to choose between only distortion for the whole song, or no distortion for the whole song. @Michael can you help maybe?

PS I was trying Audiobus 2 not 3 maybe 3 works better for this?

• Hey @Ollie_B - You have the right idea; you just need to use the bypass button ("ON"/"OFF") for the effect app on the Audiobus Connection Panel in Loopy (the panel on the side that shows up - tap the effect app icon there, and you should see the bypass button).

• These are all the options that I see when I open the side panel.

I'm using audiobus 2. maybe audiobus 3 has that option? am I in the right place?

• edited June 7

Ah! You'll need to put JamUp into the "Effect" slot (and the system input into the "Input" slot), rather than the "Input" one - then you'll see the effect bypass button

• edited June 7

FINALLY WORKED thank you. I'm excited to finish making this youtube video