FAQ: Why does Loopy keep running in the background? How do I stop it?

edited August 2012 in FAQ

Loopy is designed to work well in a multitasking audio environment, so you can use it in conjunction with other apps, such as drum machines. Once Audiobus is released, this will be even more important.

Loopy by default will remain active in the background for this purpose, rather than shutting down when you switch to another app. This approach is becoming more common, as more apps become multitasking-friendly.

If you don't want this, then open Loopy's settings, and turn off "Play in Background".

Alternatively, you can quit any app at any time by clicking the Home button once, to go to the home screen, then double-clicking the Home button again to open the multitasking menu. Then, in the multitasking menu, hold your finger on the app you wish to close until the "-" buttons appear at the corner. Tap the "-" button to quit the app.

Comments

• edited August 2012

"Then hold your finger on the app in the multitasking bar you wish to close until the "-" buttons appear at the corner."

:)

• Good clarification =)

• edited September 2012

Did anyone know how you can clean your RAM @ one click (no jailbreak!)
    i have a little daughter & she opened&closed sometimes 20Apps in a Minute ;-)
    if i wanna clean my RAM, i have to click&click&click&.....

• Hm, I dunno about that, but you can open the task manager, hold, and tap the "-" quite quickly in order to quit all those apps - you don't have to wait for the vanish animation to complete, you can just hammer away at that "-" button.

• Turn it off and turning it back on is probably the quickest thing to do - if your child has run 20 apps!!

You can press and hold the wake sleep button on the top right of the iPhone. It will then ask you if you want to shut it down. Then use the same button to turn it back on.

Hope this helps,
    Gary

• Well for goodness sakes, many of us have lots of things happening. Not just this app. Some have higher priority. Please put an X button or OFF button so we can shut down loopy without having to shut down our iPads. Implement user friendly design, not arrogant design.

• @trotsig , why don't you "open Loopy's settings, and turn off "Play in Background" " , like this while you quit the app, you really quit...
    The alternative solution is quite ok too.
    Personnaly, I'd rather have loopy keep running if by mistake I push the main button of the Ipad, I guess the audience wouldn't like a "ups, I quitted the app..." :)

• edited November 2012

@Trotsig; I want to make sure you know how to turn off individual apps: the fact that you want an x included makes me think you're only knew on the iPhone (things are handled completely differently to desktop computers).

To quote Michael from an earlier entry:

Alternatively, you can quit any app at any time by clicking the Home button once, to go to the home screen, then double-clicking the Home button again to open the multitasking menu. Then, in the multitasking menu, hold your finger on the app you wish to close until the "-" buttons appear at the corner. Tap the "-" button to quit the app.