Bluetooth keyboard bindings for track volume?

Seems that there are some parameters that will only be mapped to MIDI CCs, but there's an argument to be made for making them available via a bluetooth keyboard.

In my specific setup, I am mapping a number of track and transport parameters to a bluetooth keyboard. Ideally I'd like to be able to control a given track's volume via keyboard keys, say, being able to press/hold Q to increase Track 1's volume and A to decrease it. Mapping up/down keys for each track would easily allow more responsive on-the-fly mixing, instead of the current long hold/choose volume/tweak via the circular loop icon. If this option is available I can't seem to uncover it.

Comments

• In quite a few instances I've found myself wishing there was an easy way to change increase and decrease volume by using MIDI keypresses rather than using a cc controller set to a specific value.

It's easy to assign volume to an expression pedal - and this would be great.. if the expression pedal was motorised - like the faders on a proper studio mixing desk - so that it jumped to the current volume position.. you could then use your foot to increase or decrease.

What tends to happen is that if you select a loop (or channel on your MIDI capable mixing desk) to respond to the expression pedal it will suddenly jump to wherever you move your foot to - rather than smoothly increasing or decreasing.

I'd just like to be able to press a button and it raise the volume by maybe 1 or 2 dB or something.

The joys of doing your own sound whilst you're performing eh!! :(