Loop Volume with Foot Pedal

Hi,
I'm trying to use one of the pedals on my FCB1010 to control track volume (CC7). Trouble is if I have the pedal down and then move it the volume leaps up to +7dB (loud). I'd like the pedal to go from silent to 0dB.

Is this just a case of changing the range of CC7 to 0 to 67, or is that just going to give me reduced resolution over the range -dB - 0 - +7dB?

Comments

• @Cuairteach - I haven't used the expression pedal on the FCB recently, but have you done the calibration on the FCB for the 2 pedals? When it's calibrated, it sends out the full range. (0 - 127 i think). If it's not calibrated properly (or it's dirty/dusty), you can get strange output. If you have Midi monitor or something that will display the pedal output, it might help locating what/where the issue is.

• It doesn't sound like a hardware problem to me. I think the point is that full pedal range is too much. He wants the pedal to cover - db to 0 db.

And I think he's right that the only solution in Loopy results in decreased MIDI resolution because a sweep only covers CC 0-64.

• edited January 12

@Cuairteach -

Is this just a case of changing the range of CC7 to 0 to 67, or is that just going to give me reduced resolution over the range -dB - 0 - +7dB?

you can change the range, not the resolution.

• I gave in and reprogrammed the FCB1010 to try this. Setting the range to 0 - 64 works in Loopy HD, in that the pedal now controls between silence and 0db over the full range of the pedal.

It would be nice if, in a future version, the CC events could 'pick up' when the CC gets to the current value, like faders in many DAWs so there are no sudden leaps in volume, pan or decay.