Importing loops

This discussion was created from comments split from: Loopy: Masterpiece Edition - the journey begins.

Comments

• One more question: I make my own surf drum loops (www.stevesspringysurfdrums.com), and I'd like to import one into a Loopy session.

Will this be possible in the new version?

I tried in Loopy HD, but I can only choose from the built-in loops you provide with the app.

• Yep, definitely - you can also import to Loopy as it is now: you need to either AirDrop or email/message your loops over, or import via iTunes.

• @Michael said:
    Yep, definitely - you can also import to Loopy as it is now: you need to either AirDrop or email/message your loops over, or import via iTunes.

Nice to know it!Haven't seen any updates from both Youtube & Tumblr,I thought you've met some trouble or whatever
    obstacles...

• edited December 2016

@Michael that's great, but how can I browse them? I have loops on my phone right now in my music app (iPhone). I also have them on a MacBook, but if I email or message them to my iphone, I still need a way to import them into Loopy.

In other words, I don't know how to insert them into one of my loops while recording a song.

• Hey Michael ... any thoughts on that question above? Thanks!

• @Nolefinity2 said:
    Hey Michael ... any thoughts on that question above? Thanks!

Hey, have you checked the help file on "Importing Loops" ? It's in Loopy's settings menu

• Thanks for that tip. Let me check that until Michael response.

• I checked that out. I was hoping for a way to do it without a computer (just a phone), but that's a workaround. Thanks!

• From email, open the file, tap on share, choose Loopy. You don't need a computer.

• Thanks @Hmtx - you beat me to it =)

• edited December 2016

All good. :)

@Nolefinity2
    If you want a way to move files from inside the iOS music library, then you need a separate app. Loopy doesn't have a music library browser. I would take a look at the AudioShare app by Kymatica. It will let you copy from your music library, then export straight to Loopy.

If you avoid iTunes on PC like me, it is worth a few $ to get AudioShare

• Awesome! Appreciate the good answer, and thanks for moving this topic here. I'll try that out. Very cool.