MIDI out, please

Hello,

I really like Loopy's the MIDI input functionality. I was thinking that it would be great if it could also output MIDI to the controller.

I was thinking about something as follows:

• for buttons connected to a channel,
  • when playing send the value 00-31 for the progress of the loop
  • when recording send value 32-63
  • when overdubbing value 64-95
  • etc.
  • for buttons that toggle a state values 00 and 127 would do the trick

etc.

If this were available I would totally buy or build a MIDI controller to make use of this!

Hope you can include it!

best regards,

Paul Sijben

Comments

• Interesting! I've just been thinking about "track actions" in Loopy 3, where you configure actions which occur in response to track events. Actions can include switching effects, toggling other tracks, etc. (anything you can bind to a MIDI trigger), and include sending MIDI events, so this should be possible.

As for sending continuous MIDI events corresponding to playback/recording position...this would be a bit tricker, as I'd imagine just using a fixed setup won't work very nicely unless I were to actually make hardware to accept it. Most hardware (like the Launchpad, for instance) has fixed stuff it responds to, right?, so that means Loopy would have to be configured to send the right messages out. That sounds like a lot of complex UI to navigate, to me...

• @Michael said:
    Interesting! I've just been thinking about "track actions" in Loopy 3, where you configure actions which occur in response to track events. Actions can include switching effects, toggling other tracks, etc. (anything you can bind to a MIDI trigger), and include sending MIDI events, so this should be possible.

As for sending continuous MIDI events corresponding to playback/recording position...this would be a bit tricker, as I'd imagine just using a fixed setup won't work very nicely unless I were to actually make hardware to accept it. Most hardware (like the Launchpad, for instance) has fixed stuff it responds to, right?, so that means Loopy would have to be configured to send the right messages out. That sounds like a lot of complex UI to navigate, to me...

Love the track actions you propose! Would it include note, CC, and PC messaging?

Any chance a track action could be to change tempo or time signature?

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Love the track actions you propose! Would it include note, CC, and PC messaging?

Any chance a track action could be to change tempo or time signature?

Fun, huh! =) Yeah, absolutely, those actions exist.

• Nice, can't wait!