What's your Verse, Bridge, Chorus setup? Care to share?

Hi gang, I'm back.

I've been playing music in bands for the last few years, so my Loopy adventure kind of shrivelled up and died. Well, got very sick...

Anyway, as I said above, I'm back, and trying to get a workable V, B, Ch, setup for my newly formed duo.

My footpedal is a converted H&K switchblade that has 4 useable buttons on each bank, 32 banks in total, and a tap tempo button that I'm not sure how or if I can use with Loopy. I'd ideally like more than useable 4 buttons on the first bank, but it is what it is and I could always go to the second or third bank if needed, but this takes a bit of concentration away from the performance. Shouldn't be a problem once I become more proficient, I'm hoping...

After playing with my Loopy rig last night, for the first time in who knows how long, I've come up with these bindings;
1. Toggle mute (starts recording if track is empty)
2. Select next track
3. Mute and play next muted track (once my verse & chorus is established, I can easily swap between the two.
4. Toggle session pause and restart. (stops everything and resets to 12 o'clock. For ending the song and/or suspending Loopy for periods that it's not called for.)

My Loopy needs are pretty basic (playing covers) and what I would REALLY like, to simplify my setup, would be the option for only 3 available loops on the screen.

I'm wondering if anybody else has a different/better setup that they're using successfully in live performances.

Please share.

Nice to be back.

Comments

• Some controllers can send out chains of MIDI commands with one button press. Mine does, so I have a regular Toggle Mute button, and then a Toggle Mute/Select Next/Toggle Mute button, then a third Toggle Mute/Select Prev/Toggle Mute button. Those three let me set up both recording and playback of verse/chorus/bridge sections.

• @BryanRTyler said:
    Some controllers can send out chains of MIDI commands with one button press. Mine does, so I have a regular Toggle Mute button, and then a Toggle Mute/Select Next/Toggle Mute button, then a third Toggle Mute/Select Prev/Toggle Mute button. Those three let me set up both recording and playback of verse/chorus/bridge sections.

Cheers Bryan.
    Which'controller' are you using? I read here somewhere that there is the possibility of MIDIbridge and the like going to sleep if you're not using it on every song.

• @muzza said:

@BryanRTyler said:
    Some controllers can send out chains of MIDI commands with one button press. Mine does, so I have a regular Toggle Mute button, and then a Toggle Mute/Select Next/Toggle Mute button, then a third Toggle Mute/Select Prev/Toggle Mute button. Those three let me set up both recording and playback of verse/chorus/bridge sections.

Cheers Bryan.
    Which'controller' are you using? I read here somewhere that there is the possibility of MIDIbridge and the like going to sleep if you're not using it on every song.

I'm using a Gordius LGX2.

• edited January 4

I was just experimenting with trying to set up groups in Loopy using the PLAY ALL LOOPS and MUTE specific loop commands assigned to MIDI notes - effectively I press PLAY ALL LOOPS, then Mute all the other LOOPS - I just used Logic to send a big fat chord - first the PLAY ALL on its; own then a fraction later all the Mute messages.

It works - but - if the loops are different lengths, or if all loops in all groups are not filled then the swap overs between groups were not timed the same on all loops... it might be possible to adjust quantisation settings - but maybe not.

However - I think if you had all loops filled and they were all the same length it would work.

Just a little experiment really! I will have another go at it tomorrow.