iPad and multiple audio interfaces

I was thinking of making independent simultaneous stereo recordings with Loopy and Loopy HD, using two mixers Behringer USB, but it seems this is not possible, right? Has anyone tried this?

Comments

• owiowi
    edited August 2016

@maya said:
    I was thinking of making independent simultaneous stereo recordings with Loopy and Loopy HD, using two mixers Behringer USB, but it seems this is not possible, right? Has anyone tried this?

that´s right. it´s not possible. ios manages one usb audio interface at a time.
    an interface with multiple inputs will do what you want.

• In theory it's possible, with the (relatively) new MultiRoute audio mode, but it's quite unreliable and difficult to work with, and no one really uses it =)

• I appreciate the comments, but maybe I have not properly explained my goal.
     The idea is to record in real time various instruments where each voice and instrument would be independent in each track.
    I've done it in mono mode recording the Left channel Loopy and Right channel Loopy HD, but honestly the effects of my GR55 Roland are much better in stereo.
    I know there are interfaces that send 4, 6, 8 channels for USB output, but it seems that the problem is in iOS, right?

• edited August 2016

What a great setup! Agreed that you've got to get that GR55 signal going in stereo.

So to clarify things: The limitation with your picture is that there is no way to reliably connect 2 audio interfaces to iOS.

You can certainly accomplish what you are trying to do on iOS. You'll need an audio interface that accepts 4 inputs and sends those four channels of audio over USB. You can route a mic on channel 1 to Loopy. Then you can send the GR55 stereo signal on channels 3-4 to Loopy HD.

• thanks for the tip, I will inform me about it.

• I have this interface:

http://www.iconnectivity.com/products/audio/iConnectAUDIO4plus

I believe it would suit your purpose.

• Any old driverless (class compliant) interface with more than 2 ins will do. Akai EIE red would be one of those. I've been thinking of linking loopy and loopy hd especially now that they're perfectly synced via link. My reason for doing is to be able to hand over a mic and a controller to another member of the band and them being able to loop stuff without is accidentally ending up on my loop recording.

I'm hoping loopy masterpiece will be able to accomplish that without the need to wait for another app running.

• How about multirouting output? I have an Apogee One, and I'd like to route output separately to the One and the headphone jack. Ideally, AudioBus would support that, but it doesn't seem to. I'd drop Loopy into the ABus output slot all the time if it would give me multiroute.