Four common mistakes in audio development

I've just published an article I've been working on this week which covers four common mistakes that developers of audio apps make. These are a common cause of glitching and clicking in audio apps. It also introduces a tool for developers that helps them track down related problems in their code.

It's mainly for developers, but it's written in a way that should be more-or-less accessible to anyone willing to skip past the code examples =)

Four Common Mistakes in Audio Development

This is a discussion of four common mistakes that audio developers make, how to do better, and how to detect whether there’s a problem. It’s written primarily for developers, but should be accessible to non-developers too. I introduce Realtime Watchdog, a diagnostic tool for developers, and provide a brief survey of popular audio libraries.

Comments

• hmm, I understood some of this... very interesting and now it makes more sense why Loopy works so well.

My main takeaway is when Michael signs off on his Loopy update notes "With Love, Michael" I now know a bit more of what that includes. Thank You!

• @Hmtx said:
    hmm, I understood some of this... very interesting and now it makes more sense why Loopy works so well.

My main takeaway is when Michael signs off on his Loopy update notes "With Love, Michael" I now know a bit more of what that includes. Thank You!

Seriously, right? Loopy is my favorite iOS app, but I think it makes me more happy to know that there are humans who care this much and are willing to share.

• Hehe thanks guys =)