Behringer FCB1010 Expression pedals for volume/pan?

edited August 2012 in General

using iRIG MIDI

patch selection pedals 1-10 working fine in loopy, got them all bound fine.

but can't seem to get either of the expression pedals to work.

when I use the pedals 1-10, I get MIDI in activity light on the iRIG

When I use the expression pedal, I get no activity light....so obviously nothing is getting to loopy :(

I've calibrated the expression pedals following the steps in link 1 below

I've programmed pedal A for CC#7 (volume) using the steps in link 2 below

I've ensured that pedal A is working on MIDI channel 1, also from the instructions on link 2 below (The working patch selection pedals 1-10 were operating on CH1 by default, because loopy displays "change on channel 1" when adding bindings with the pedals, so I configured the expression pedals for CH1 also)

also, is there any use to MIDI out (from loopy to the pedalboard), when using nothing but loopy and the FCB1010? I don't ever see that activity LED light up, so I'm guessing no.

Link 1: calibrating expression pedals
https://secure.mtnsys.com/faq-fcb/PedalCalibration.htm

Link 2: programming the pedal for volume control
https://secure.mtnsys.com/faq-fcb/IdiotsGuide.htm

Comments

• edited August 2012

check if the red LED on the pedal is turned on AT ANY PRESET. If it's OFF, you MUST to turn it on AT ANY PRESET.
    Ex.:
    (Preset 1: all parameters OFF, Pedan A and B ON, Note 1 ON);
    (Preset 2: all parameters OFF, Pedan A and B ON, Note 2 ON);
    (Preset 3: all parameters OFF, Pedan A and B ON, Note 3 ON);
    (Preset 10: all parameters OFF, Pedan A and B ON, Note 10 ON).

Using the "NOTE ON" Message, you have one message when you push the pedal (note on) and another message when you release the pedal (note off) so you can "mute/unmute" the track with "note on" message and Select the same track with "note off"...OPS! ;-)

But, you're using FCB1010 MIDI Editor?

• edited August 2012

@thore

But, you're using FCB1010 MIDI Editor?

nah...mine worked fine with loopy right out of the box, with its default config on midi CH1. Loopy picked it right up. It's just the expression pedals that I can't get to work, and I'm 100% sure its a config on the pedal because there is no activity light on the iRIG Midi in to loopy, while pedals 1-10 light up the activity LED every time, and they bind right up to whatever trigger I want.

also, is there any use to MIDI out (from loopy to the pedalboard), when using nothing but loopy and the FCB1010? I don't ever see that activity LED light up, so I'm guessing no. Can I disconnect MIDI out?

I'll try to work through your steps...but its a little over my head. e.g. "so you can "mute/unmute" the track with "note on" message and Select the same track with "note off" is confusing because I'm hoping to adjust volume and pan with these pedals, not mute/unmute. (although I'm sure your guidance is correct, I just don't quite understand it)

• @ezee -- I'm afraid I won't be much use on the hardware side, but I can say that you can go ahead and disconnect MIDI out; Loopy only transmits MIDI while it's sending clock sync messages.