Using Audiobus for L and R routing

I just noticed that there is a multi-routing version of audiobus, and I was just wondering if it's possible to use it to do separate routing for the left and right channels. Specifically, I'd like to use the left output for live monitoring, and use the right output for all the looped audio that's coming from Loopy. Is that possible? I'm using an iPhone 5c, with a sonic port audio interface.

Comments

• @Explodey - Audioubus Multi Routing will not solve your issue (by itself). It has no controls, only allows for more than one audio chain to be set up. Input>effect>Output

I think this has been discussed before (per haps with you) elsewhere. MimixMini (for iPhone) along with Audiobus Multi Routing might get you the Left/Right audio seperation you are looking for.

You might try posting the question on the Audiobus forums @TTrGames (dev for Mimix) or checkout the user manual @ http://ttrgames.hu/mimix/

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1077683723?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo=4

• Yes that was me, and I did purchase MimixMini, but it didn't seem at all useful and I gave up on it. But at the time I didn't know there was a fancier version of audiobus, so I thought it might be the answer. So I bought the multi routing version, and sadly, there still doesn't seem to be any way to do it. For some reason, audiobus will only let me put MimixMini at the beginning of the chain, which obviously defeats the whole purpose. I was hoping that the multi routing version would remove this limitation, but it doesn't.

It seems weird that with all these amazing features, I'm not able to do something so simple. Do the audiobus people have any official support, or do they just rely on forums?

• There's something definitely wrong with your setup. I do this exact thing you've described with MiMix all the time and it just works. Having it show up as an input only is very strange. Sign up for the AB forum and send a DM to @Sebastian there.

• Are there different ways to set up audiobus? All I've been doing is just tapping a slot, and then it shows a list of apps that I can put there.

Anyway, what is the AB forum?

• The Apps that you use in AB (AudioBus) may have multiple ways of being used in it. For Example Loopy can be an Input, but there are sub selections for the input to be used. tap the "i" in the circle to the left of Loopy (or any App listed with one). This is also true for Effects slot and Output slot of AB.

The AB Forum (http://audiob.us/) is where almost anything iOS music related (and a bit more sometimes) is discussed, questions posed, music debuted, etc....

• Thanks, I didn't know about that. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to help me with this particular dilemma. I've been experimenting with all the different options, and there just doesn't seem to be any way to put MimixMini after Amplitube (or any other guitar effects app). It will only let me put it at the beginning of the chain

I'll try the AB forum. Thanks for letting me know about it.

• For anyone who's interested, I did post my question on the AB forum, and the answer I got was that it's not possible to put MimixMini after Amplitube. :'(

• Good news is that there are options. AUM is a more robust mixer app that works with Audiobus like MiMix but with a huge feature list, to start with it has panning settings and bus routing

AUM can be definitely be used with Loopy to route monitoring tracks to a bus on the left channel output and simultaneously send all audio out to the right channel. Depending on your Loopy session, it would either work within Audiobus or with Inter-app audio.