Why I have to press double? Using Loopy with Alesis IO Dock II and Boss FS 6 Foot Switch (german)

edited March 2016 in Equipment

Hi!
I try to control loopy with the Boss FS 6 foot switch. It is connected with at TRS (stereo cable) to the IO Dock footswitch input.
The Boss FS6 is on both chanels switched to "momentary" switching. As an an example I ad a control input on loopy and want to start and stop the loop with the Boss FS6 switch A. Looy recognizes the input signal.

It Works - but only if i push the foot switch double! For any command I have to push the foot switch double- why?

Loopy shows me in the assignment menue if I press switch A:
CC15,On CC15,Off CC 15 Hold
If I press it once it stays on "CC 15, Hold" - if I press it twice shortly "CC 15,On" is flashing, and than it switches to "CC 15, Hold"

The same happens if I connect a mono foot switch with a TR (mono) cable.

Here is the copy from the IO Dock manual:
Dual-Button Footswitch:
If you are using the first button of a dual-button footswitch, pressing the first button for the first time sends a value of
127 for CC # 15 over Channel 1 . Pressing the first button for the second time sends a value of 0 for CC # 15 over
Channel 1 .

If you are using the second button of a dual-button footswitch, pressing the second button for the first time sends a
value of 127for CC # 14 over Channel 1 . Pressing the second button for the second time sends a value of
0 for CC # 14 over Channel 1.

I need help :-) thank you!

Kind regards ...Heiko

Io Dock II User Guide:
http://www.alesis.de/sites/default/files/downloads/io_dock_ii_user_guide_v1.1.pdf

BSS FS 6 User Guide:
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/media/fs6_manual.pdf

Comments

• Hey @HSK68. That sounds like latched operation to me, rather than momentary: the first press turns on, the second press turns off again. The behaviour in Loopy is consistent with that. So, two options: either find a way to put it into momentary mode for real, or bind your actions in Loopy to both the ON and OFF states, so that it'll respond to either (that's two bindings per button).

• Hi! Thank you! It works :-)

Two Binding ON an OFF - that is the way... :-) What a wonderful music app!!! With Ableton
    Link a mighty, great tool!!!!

Kind regards

Heiko

• Thank you very much! =)