Using L and R to keep the live signal separate

A few of you might remember this video I shared last year, where I was using Loopy along with one of my homemade audio gadgets. The video got me a lot of attention, and I actually just got invited to do a live performance to show off some of my crazy devices. So now I'm trying to figure out the best way to simplify my set up, so it will be more manageable at a live venue.

What I would like to do is just use the Mobile Pod app, which came with my guitar interface (Sonic Port), so I don't have to bring an external guitar effects unit. I could just route Mobile Pod into Loopy by way of Audiobus, and my setup would be so much simpler. The problem is that the live signal has to be separate from the delayed signal, as you can see in the video. So I'm wondering if it's possible to use the left and right outputs to keep the live signal separate from the delayed signal. Would it be possible to somehow use audiobus to route one of Mobile Pod's two channels directly to the right output, while routing the other channel through Loopy, and then to the left output. Here's a picture to illustrate what I'm talking about.

Comments

• edited January 2016

@Explodey - I think mimix might be your answer

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mimix-mixer-for-audiobus/id931404307?mt=8

Or perhaps DMIMixer would be enough for your setup.

https://appsto.re/us/ombfU.i

Do search on the forum (and also Audiobus forum) to see how people are using it.

• I use MiMix for this exact purpose and couldn't be happier.

• Thanks for your help. I checked out mimix, but unfortunately I got a message saying that it's only for the iPad. I'm using an iPhone 5c. So I installed DMIMixer, but I didn't see any app-routing options. So then I tried dropping it into audiobus, but I wasn't really sure how to do the routing, and plus there weren't enough slots available for all three apps.

Looks like I may be stuck with lugging my guitar effects rig. It seems like there ought to be a way to do this on the iPhone.

If you can think of any relevant forum posts, I would be most grateful for a link! Thanks.

• sorry, sonic port guitar input is mono. there might be no chance to split the signal when you take that way.

• Yes, of course the guitar input is mono. I'm just talking about routing the left and right outputs of the guitar app. Please check out my diagram above. If there is a different app that I need to download, just let me know and I'll buy it. Or if there are any resources online that could help, perhaps someone could point me in the right direction? I searched the Loopy forum for dmimixer, but I couldn't find anything.

• dmimixer only works in the ab input. i don´t have any mono input device. therefor i can´t say anything about the apps behaviour. dmimixer is designed to route the incoming signal (stereo in general).
    please look at the description:
    https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/dmimixer/id773067534?mt=8
    when i have any idea i´ll be back to this thread.
    good luck..