Usability and niggling issues
So I've been playing with Loopy HD for some time now and here are some of the things that bug me...
- Setting the recording length. Similar to to most loopers, I just want to punch in and punch out to a master loop. From what I've read I disable Clock-out to make this work; so I'll give it a go.
- The side menu. It's really annoying trying to flick through the sections while recording. I'd much prefer that on larger devices the side menu showed everything. Just a simple pane on the side with icons for the metronome, BPM, loop length, play/pause, channel select and input level (dB Meter please!).
- An octave shift!
- Switch input channel using MIDI. I have a 2 channel device that has Mic on left and guitar on right; I just want a simple way to toggle between the two using my foot controller.
- The pause button doesn't work if the loop is started using MIDI start from an external device.
- Small changes in tempo cause the audio to distort.