Loops recording other loops

Hello everyone, I am a newbie to the forum but have been using Loopy HD for a while now. I have a really simple setup: Guitar into IPad through iRig using a Blueboard to control Loopy, with a line out from iRig to a soundboard. Tonight when I got everything running and started layering loops the new loops were getting massive bleed through from the previously recorded loops. I have never had this happen to me before; usually the loop only records what goes in from my guitar, regardless of what I have previously recorded. I played with multiple settings to no avail. Any ideas/suggestions how to fix? Thank you.

Comments

• Hey Tony. I'm afraid the iRig's kinda notorious for crosstalk - you'd be better off with a digital interface like the Apogee Jam.

• @TonyFlaugher - you will get more crosstalk the higher your output volume is, ussually. You can try turning down your output volume of your iDevice and increase the volume on the soundboard. Can't find it at the moment, but there was a discussion somewhere with regards to certain iDevices having more crosstalk than others (maybe just rumors). Design flaw(?) in the headphone jack/wiring. For normal headset calling (cell/VoIP) and music listening it's not an issue. As Michael suggests, almost any interface using the Lightning/30pin connection will be much cleaner.