Loopy HD : the sound becomes inaudible after switching to another app

Hi, I realized, when my iPad is connected to my Apogee Duet, that when I switch from Loopy HD to another app, or just press the home button and come back, the sound of the loops is barely audible. It's like when you listen to a vinyl record on a turntable just with the audio cell, with dust. As long as I say on Loopy HD, it works fine, but if I switch to Audioshare for exemple, and open a new loop from it, then Loopy will have this crispy, dusty, barely audible sound.
I deleted it and re-installed it, but it's the same. I have no similar problem with any of my other music apps. And I add that if my iPad is not plugged to my Duet, I don't have this problem, but like I said, I have my Duet for more then a year, I used Loopy HD very often, and never had this before.
So, I don't have a clue about what's happening, and I submit this to you.
Thank you for your attention,
True regards,
Cyril Clement

Comments

• edited July 2015

Hey there, sorry for the troubles.

As another average Loopy user, it is hard to say what might be causing this... For a starting point, it sounds like maybe you have other apps running on the iPad that are messing with the audio stream because they have not been forced closed. Loopy HD needs to be the primary Audio app running on your iPad. This means: force close every app on you device (including Safari, Chrome, YouTube especially because they access audio).

Then open Loopy and see if this problem persists.

• Thank you for your answer, I will make a few tries and follow your advice. I'll give you the feedbacks.

• Also if you are using multiple apps thru Audiobus then you will open Audiobus first before you open loopy HD and other music apps.

• Hi,
    I'm afraid there's nothing to do for this problem. Even whén I only launch Loopy HD, with no other apps, musical or not, just a press on the Home button of my iPad and a return to Loopy make this problem happend. So it's impossible to use it, as any action outside Loopy HD cause this sound problem. I really can't see where the problem is, because if it was coming from my Apogee, a lots of my other apps would have the same problem, but it' the only one !
    I would really need some help, thank you.

• What version iPad, iOS, Loopy HD.

Have you used any IAA (Inter App Audio) connection within another app? e.g. an IAA effect in AudioShare. Apps don't always completely shut down/close when used in IAA even though they don't show on any screen as still being active.

Have you tried a shut down/power off. Hold the top right edge button until it asks "slide to power off". Wait for it to shut down and the turn it back on ( hold top right button till Apple appears)

• iPad Air 1, Loopy HD 1.4.14, iOS 8.4
    I shut rebooted my iPad and then I just launched Loopy HD, and only Loopy HD (no other apps). It worked fine, and like before, I just pressed the home button once, and came right back to Loopy (by touching the red bar at the top of the screen) : I still get this inaudible crunchy / dusty sound. And I still can't use Loopy at all ! It's really weird... And again, I don't havé this problem without my Duet, but I almost checked all my other music apps with my Duet plugged, and I haven't a single problem...
    So, again, if anybody got an idea, I would be more than happy to try it !
    Thanks

• Hey @mainserve - sorry to hear about your troubles! I'm pretty baffled about this one too; I'm wondering if some diagnostic info might shed some light on the situation. If you go into Help in the app, then Feedback/Support, then Email Support, it'll send me a log of the recent actions within the app: so before you do that, start a loop playing, and reproduce the issue, and then use the Email Support function to send me some stuff. Fingers crossed, it'll show something useful.

• @Michael said:
    Hey mainserve - sorry to hear about your troubles! I'm pretty baffled about this one too; I'm wondering if some diagnostic info might shed some light on the situation. If you go into Help in the app, then Feedback/Support, then Email Support, it'll send me a log of the recent actions within the app: so before you do that, start a loop playing, and reproduce the issue, and then use the Email Support function to send me some stuff. Fingers crossed, it'll show something useful.

• Hi Michael, sorry to answer you so late, I didn't configure the forum in order to be warned when a new comment is posted (I don't know if it can be done).
    Anyway, I am going to do email you that feedback log to tomorrow. Moreover, on my last posts, I had my Apogee Duet with me (I am on holiday, so it was more convenient to carry. And I wrote that the problem occurred when my iPad was connected to the Duet, but it worked fine without. But now I'm back with my Focusrite Scarlett, and the same problem exactly happens, with the exact same conditions. It reassures me about my Duet, but not about Loopy !
    So, thank you for following this issue, and I will make the test and the process tomorrow to send you the log.
    Thank you for your attention,
    Cyril

• Hey Cyril - yeah, I've since discovered what's going on here. It's - yay! - another iOS bug. Turns out, the fix for the other iOS bug which caused high playthrough latency, has a bug too, which kills output volume. I'm going back to the prior state, which has latency issues, but at least you can hear it =)

• Hi, I must admit that I'm not a hardcore Loopy user,meaning I use it occasionally', when it make sense but the way I work doesn't require a intense use of it. But still, I can't imagine not having it.
    So I see that it has been a while since I post this issue and if I have something to add, is that it happened only when Loopy was launched in standalone mode, but if it's launched inside Audiobus, which is the case 95% of the time, I don't have this problem.
    But here's the fun part (it depends of your sense of humors) : I bought an IPAs Pro 2 weeks ago, and last day, I launched Loopy as a standalone, without any other audio apps opened... And bam ! It was still here, this horrible crunchy,noisy, inaudible crash sound !
    What is happening ! ! ! Am I the only user who experience this issue? It does it on my iPad Air, and now my IPad Pro, and on two different soundcard: an Apogee Duet and a Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 ....
    Could you tell me what you think of that ? I'm willing to send you every report issue you need, but the thing I'm deadly curious about is if I'm the only one to experience this huge problem ?
    Best regards

• Ouch. Yeah, that's bad =( Are you seeing that with any other apps? How about Audiobus (with mic going to speaker)? Any of the apps besides Loopy and Audiobus, listed at theamazingaudioengine.com ?