New Original (done with Loopy & Audiobus)

Just did this video a couple weeks ago. Since then, my setup has already changed, but it was a quick one take video. Hope you enjoy!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XfFI0rqVqaM

Comments

• hey great stuff! good tune :)

was that a guitar and mic picture on each exp pedal?

• Yes. I used to run them through MiMix, so when I turn do the guitar using the expression pedal, it's no longer sent to Loopy. So I can loop vocal parts while playing guitar and only the voice will loop and vice versa. Works pretty nicely and since I use direct monitoring on my Soundcard, it doesn't change what the audience would hear.

• Great performance! I like it

• @ABrokenRecord said:
    Yes. I used to run them through MiMix, so when I turn do the guitar using the expression pedal, it's no longer sent to Loopy. So I can loop vocal parts while playing guitar and only the voice will loop and vice versa. Works pretty nicely and since I use direct monitoring on my Soundcard, it doesn't change what the audience would hear.

Crafty!

• nice job with the loopy setup and incorporation of the song! I am wondering what kind of ear monitors you have and especially if this setup is able to be played live. Do you have an amp or alternative speaker hooked up also? Also, would you mind explaining what you mean in the comment above, "I use direct monitoring on my Soundcard"?

• Hey @ABrokenRecord. I've been seeing you around forums but never heard your stuff. Nice.

When i comment i normally come from a critical angle so sorry if it harsh, it's not intended that way.

1. You are slightly ahead of your band. Try to relax into the groove a bit more. It's absolutely normal. I get it all the time at times cursing loopy when it is my own fault.

2. Try to minimise the dead space by pressing the record pedal as soon as possible. It is hard but looping is a free fall situation. This is especially true with longer phrases.

3. I personally would drop the delay from the voice. I don't think it ads a great deal to the song. Your voice is good enough to carry it through with just a pinch of reverb. Also when playing live on stage delay might provoke feedback.

You probably know all this as feels like you've been looping for quite a bit. Otherwise great song, voice and performance.

Cheers for posting

• Thanks for the advice! I always like honest opinions. Not making excuses, but part of the reason I was off a bit is because of the iPad Air 2 audio issues. I have since moved back to my mini (which resolves some of this).

Again, thanks. I love your stuff!

• @letsloop my ear monitors are cheap headphones plugged into the headphone out :)

As for live, I go out of the L (mono) into a DI box into my powered mixer. Sounds great!

Direct monitoring means that I am only hearing the live (unprocessed) signal so there is absolutely no latency. I do this because I don't use really any iOS effects (light delay on voice sometimes but you only hear the delayed signal there not the dry).