Can you disable looping for a track?

Hello, I am trying to use the Loopy hd app to trigger audio samples for a live recording. I figured out how to hook up an akai MPD 18 through a powered USB hub into a camera adapter into the iPhone which can communicate successfully with the Loopy app. Score!

I know this seems counterintuitive as the name of the app is Loopy, but sometimes I'm just going to want to trigger an audio sample on a track to play once rather than have it loop over and over again. Is there a way to disable looping for a track in the app?

Thanks!

Paul

Comments

• So cool, had no idea you could do this with the MPD. There are other apps that sample/play back much better for one-shot sample. You can even run them in the background of your iPhone. Beatmaker 2 is a good place to start.

Within Loopy, I can't think of a way to make this work ... it just isn't designed to work like this.

In the new Masterpiece Edition Loopy, which is being developed, I'm pretty sure this function will be added... but the app development is in early stages. I don't think Michael has even given us a projected hopeful date of release.

• Hey Hmtx.

Beatmaker two was my first go to software to try to do this. I found the software to be super complicated by comparison and although the mpd would communicate to some degree with that software, it wouldn't hit the correct pads and I couldn't figure out how to get that software to learn which pads it should be hitting. I posed a question to their tech support regarding how to get their virtual pads to learn which pads to coordinate with my hardware through midi. I am still waiting for a response.

Something tells me that there isn't an app developed yet that does exactly what I want. Certainly not one with the ease-of-use of loopy.
    As a workaround it might be best to create loops that are longer than the performance piece and then after the song is over assign a pad to be a kill switch for all of the loops to mute them all. Not ideal, but that might do the trick as a workaround.