Is there a MIDI conversion app that works on iOS, like MidiPipe?

I have an iRig BlueBoard bluetooth foot controller that would be much easier to use with Loopy if it sent on-on commands rather than on-off commands. This means that I have to press the button twice to start and stop loops, making timing much more difficult. On a computer, there are apps that convert the BlueBoard signal from on-off to on-on and pass it along to Loopy as a binding. This particular app is not available for iOS. Does anyone know of any similar functionality in an iOS app?

Comments

• The first one that comes to mind would be MidiBridge. I have read of people using Midi Designer for triggering multiple midi commands with one midi command. I'm sure the are others

• Neither of those appear to be iOS apps.

• Wow, my App Store search function didn't work too well.

• Funny how the App Store works that way...

And really unfortunate that the BlueBoard can't be configured to work the way Loopy needs.

I have heard that both of these apps work great for different uses, but I have no experience with the BlueBoard.

• As another workaround, can't you make two bindings in Loopy, so that the on command and the off command are both bound to the same Loopy event?

• That's been tried and doesn't work.

• If the functionality is not build in into MidiBridge, drop its developer a line. He's very helpfull, and can possibly write some custom code for you.

• Thanks. I posted on that forum last night, and he did provide some code. He said it's a fairly simple arrangement. Fingers crossed.

• MidiBridge definitely works to allow you to convert doubletap commands to a single on-on command for apps like Loopy. It's an $8.99 purchase but a huge improvement over doubletapping and definitely worth it to me. Setup takes about a minute and does not affect other apps like JamUp Pro, which I use at the same time.