Cheap microphone mute switch

Check out this tutorial on how to make a cheap mic mute switch. I use two of these one for my vocal mic and one for my cajon/percussion mic and this allows me to turn them on/off with a footswitch which stops the dreaded mic bleed and feedback when recording into Loopy.

When I'm not recording from the cajon or vocal mic they are off and not accidentally recording background noise, and even worse speaker sound back into Loopy. Works a treat. I actually didn't use a damper pedal but an old amp switch pedal with two foot switches on it, one vocal and one cajon.

http://www.audiogabriel.com/talkback/

Comments

• edited February 2015

I have one of my pads on beatstep assigned to magellan's volume (off=0, on=95) with pad being in toggle mode. I use Magellan as a vocal effect so when the volume is down it cuts out the mic. I was thinking of fitting a switch on the mic lead or buy a mic with a switch but this turned out to me the best way for me. And there's no pop that would occur with turning the mic or the in-line switch.
    Hope this helps some.

• Thanks Supadom. The great thing about this switch is that there is no pop with switching, completely pop free switching which is awesome.

• That's good. I'm glad it works for you.