Mic + guitar + midi keyboard

edited November 2014 in Equipment

Dear friends. I'm kinda new in this app and audio bus and I'd like some guidance over setup. I'd like to connect a Mic + guitar + midi keyboard as audio sources in audio bus and use fcb1010 to control loopy. My hardware: iPad air, irig pro, fcb1010.
What other hardware could I use complete the Mic + guitar + midi keyboard inputs for audio bus?

Currently I can connect my guitar OR a mic in my irig and I connect fcb1010 in midi in of irig.
Problem 1: how can I add a second audio input like a mic? A usb mic would work? How to connect it?
Problem 2: how can I add an usb keyboard into the chain? A midi-usb cable would be able to be connected in my thru port of fcb1010?

Any recomendations on the hardware?

Regards,
Giloj

Comments

• Welcome giloj

using a usb-midi to 5pin midi converter cable into the FCB1010 should be fine. Does you midi keyboard have its own power? If it gets it's power from the USB midi connection then it's not going to work.

As for connecting the mic and guitar with the iRig Pro, it's mono only input and your iPad lightning connector is in use so there's no way to add a CCK to connect a USB mic. About the only way with the hardware you have would be to add a small analog mixer between you mic/guitar and the iRig Pro. Otherwise it would require replacing the iRig Pro with another Audio/Midi interface with at least 2 mono inputs.

• I use a small behringer analog mixer and have loopy on the effects send chain through an iRig HD into an iPhone. From the iphone I use the headphone output and plug this into the tape input of the mixer.
    My midi keyboard controls a macbook which then feeds into the mixer using the MacBook headphone out.
    I think the irig pro can take a guitar input and midi input simultaneously so you may be able to ditch the macbook in my scenario