Hi! If your question relates to Loopy Pro, you may find a faster answer at one of the other Loopy Pro communities (https://loopypro.com/communities) – this forum has only a small number of active users.

Start recording when a sound is detected

edited November 2014 in Support and Feedback

Before I bought the Loopy app, I remember reading that there was a way to make it start recording the loop as soon as it hears a sound that goes above a certain threshold. But now I can't figure out how to do that. Am I misremembering? I'm having a hell of a time getting Loopy's beat to sync up with the drum beat I have set up in ProTools. I've got them both set to the same tempo, but it's tough to get them to start together. Making matters worse is the fact that Loopy's metronome can apparently only be paused, not actually stopped. So I can't just tap the screen on the downbeat, because it will un-pause in the middle of a beat, not on the beat. So I'd have to pause it at the exact right moment, and un-pause it at the exact right moment.

In case you're wondering why I don't just import my drumbeat into Loopy, it's because I'm manipulating the looped audio after the iPad in the signal path. So the looped audio needs a dedicated output. I guess I could just hard pan the drums and looped audio to the left and right, but then it would be mono, which is not ideal.

Comments

• There is no auto start on audio (at least not yet).

If you set your Tempo and Clock ( which from your description it sounds like you are), tapping the Play/Pause button (triangle/vertical bars) will start the Clock, metronome and play any already recorded loops that are unMuted or reset the clock back to 12:00 (start position) and pause it. You may have to tap it on and off to get it reset to the start to begin with.

While it is paused ( the play triangle shown) you can tap it on the down beat to manually start it in time.

• Thanks for your reply. I actually just discovered that Loopy's beat doesn't even need to be aligned with the drum loop on my computer as long as I have the preferences set to start overdubbing after recording. Then I'll be able to punch in and out at the same point in the loop as long as the tempo is set correctly, and then I stop the overdubbing as soon as I'm finished recording.