Hi! If your question relates to Loopy Pro, you may find a faster answer at one of the other Loopy Pro communities (https://loopypro.com/communities) – this forum has been closed down.

Loopy: Masterpiece Edition - the journey begins

Comments

• edited January 2015

@TaylorRanks said:

You could have multi mirror mode. So all the others act as controllers for the master iPad or device.

Wow, I think this is a GREAT idea. Imagine seeing all the same pages of a session on several iPads, but directing any action to the session on a single master iPad. LoopyME will be so filled with features that it really could utilize something like this.

...but how in the world would it be implemented? some sort of direct Bluetooth MIDI connection? or regular network MIDI over wi-fi?

• @BobKessler said:
    as I mentioned before, Loopy changed my life! It's how I produced an entire EP of original music using just one instrument - the harmonica. What I would like to see is the ability to integrate videos. I use the Alesis i/o dock to plug into a PA system. It has video output jacks. If I plugged them into a projector, you'd see what I see on my loopy app screen. That's all fine and dandy, but what if you could play an original video that's seen by the projector. Meanwhile, the loopy screen remains the same in front of me. Is that even possible?

Thanks Bob! Hmm, I think that's a fair bit beyond scope, I'm afraid.

• @Justajiva said:
    Somebody mentioned the ability to scratch a track turntable style.

Maybe - I'll have to think about this one.

• @TaylorRanks said:
    have other iPads or iPhones acting as controllers for the session.

Yep =)

Metronome mix: would like to control the level of the metronome to each output.

Hmm... I was just planning on having a per-channel output selection for the metronome, along with a global metronome volume, to keep it simple. Is that not sufficient?

Pan spread: would be nice to spread the pan instead of just simple left right controls

Could you describe what that looks like? Are talking separate controls for left/right?

• edited January 2015

PAN: Separate controls, or a width control would be nice. Having some interesting controls to setting the loops in the mix is always handy. Being able to split a particular width of the loop to the left and then a touch hard right, or something like that, with out copying the loop to another track could be handy.

METRONOME:
    Would be really handy to control the amount for each loop and metronome for particular outputs. Just really handy if outputting to the drummer for example, who, in his monitor mix might want a ton of click and bassline.

• Hi Michael, just thinking about bindings: will there be any way to set "conditional" bindings? I think LoopyHD already does this automatically with how you've set up some of the bindings. For example, "IF LoopA is currently recording THEN mute, otherwise record"

• @thenonanonymous: Probably, yeah - I've not gone too far down that rabbit hole yet, but it seems like it'd be useful.

• Just watched the video on MIDI clock implementation. I'm surprised there hasn't been any standard way to do this. I'm very impressed that you spearheaded this and really hope the other devs jump on board.

• Something simple but I would like to put a name on my loops as on a live situation I might got frustrated with 9 or 12 loops.Right now I am putting the rhythm section on the left, the chords/pads in the middle and the solo on the right..

• Hi Michael, I am a long time loopy user but first post on here. Masterpiece looks amazing and I'm so impressed with the way you engage with everyone and are open about where you are with it, very inspiring. My main instrument is guitar and I use hardware loopers in my setup too - multiple loopers, generally not quite in synch with each other. One of the features I use on the hardware (line 6 DL4) is the half speed/double speed function. Is that a possible option in loopy/masterpiece at some point please?

• Thanks @RichardM! Yeah, absolutely, that's a certainty.

• Excellent, thanks @Michael.

• I just love this app....i have it on my ipad and iphone but recently ive moved to android and sadly its not available for android........please please make an android version also this time......it is being sorely missed :-(

• Will there be a option in the sync setup to sync to a loop instead of the clock? Only thing stopping this looper from being the best looper on the market.

• How would that look, @jacobrocky? In Loopy right now, all the loops sync to the clock anyway, so I'm not sure what the difference would be.

• @jacobrocky, in other words, yes, what you are asking is already the default action, even in Loopy HD. (so we can assume similar feature will be an option in M.E.)

Recording the first loop sets the clock. After that, each loop is synced to that first loop. Just make sure you have "syncronize tracks" set to "ON"

• In his case, wouldn't he also want to have the initial loop NOT synced to the clock?

• Yep, that is how it works when you reset the session. the initial loop is not synced to the clock. The clock automatically syncs to the first loop :-)

• Thanks. I didn't realize that.

• I'd love to able to select which track sets the clock. For example...I'd like to record an initial track of any length, and then from a second loop set the clock length and synch to that.

Could that be possible in masterpiece?

• @Michael said:
    Thanks RichardM! Yeah, absolutely, that's a certainty.

Awesome...1/2 speed rules!

• @stjambience said:
    I'd love to able to select which track sets the clock. For example...I'd like to record an initial track of any length, and then from a second loop set the clock length and synch to that.

Could that be possible in masterpiece?

Interesting...maybe - I'm having trouble thinking of a UI mechanism for that; maybe a "from track" button in the master length controls?

• Yeah, or maybe a 'set clock/clock master' button? The options could be 'selected track' as the default (so the first loop sets the clock as is current practice) or choice of loops 1-12 as the clock master.

MIDI could also be an option here that could take the user to the midi synch options?? I'm not really engaged in midi synch stuff though, so just thinking beyond my needs on MIDI.

• Yeah, perhaps.. I'll need to think about it. There's a risk of it being really obscure and confusing, so it'll need to be handled with care =)

• Agreed, maybe call it the "ignore this if you want your first loop to set the clock for your session" button. ;)

And including midi synch might be another can of worms that is best left in its own menu.

• If the sync section in masterpiece is anything like HD you could have a slider under synchronization for "loop" or "sync to loop" (if not engaged then sync works like normal) then underneath that "select track" to assign which one you want to sync to.

• @jacobrocky said:
    If the sync section in masterpiece is anything like HD you could have a slider under synchronization for "loop" or "sync to loop" (if not engaged then sync works like normal) then underneath that "select track" to assign which one you want to sync to.

Nice...

• edited April 2015

Edited...
    Was gonna mention fx, but it seems you're implementing a few! Awesome!!

• edited June 2015

-VOLUME MICRO IN by midi action, (the same of volume pedal),
    -VOLUME MICRO OUT by midi action (more volume but recorded normal)
    -VOLUME MIX OUT by midi action. (mixed sounds)
    If you use volume micro out +2db your recorded and mix are 0. Is good for play hard but recorded normal. (for a solo moment)

-UNMUTE ALL (PLEASE)

-Merge track by midi action (+1 Beeski)

-DIFFERENTS COLORS for loops. ( is more fast for see if i put colors in my midi controller.)

-IN HORIZONTAL POSITION Loop 1, 2, 3 in up position and 4,5,6 in down. I put my ipad in horizontal position . (why loop 1 is down, loop, 2 is up, Zig Zag?

Thank you, Loopy are awesome!

• Is there a place to check for features already requested / registered? I've been using Loopy for composition rather than live performance, and I would love to add a few little things to the pile, but don't want to waste anyone's time. Maybe there's like a Trello or something?